Installed Dawnguard and now Skyrim crashes right after the first load

rripp

I started with <pirate version> Skyrim and it was playing fine. I wanted the DLCs so I got Dawnguard and installed it by copying the data files of Dawnguard into the data files of Skyrim just like I've seen everywhere online. I was given the option when copying these files to replace some of the existing ones because they already existed in the Skyrim folder. Sure.

I try loading Skyrim with the Dawnguard DLC, can't even get to the main menu. I go back and try to load it without Dawnguard, just basic Skyrim. Everything loads fine but when I try to move around my player is just "floating", no leg movement, can't jump, can't sprint, and when I get near an enemy it crashes.

I'm thinking this is because when I replaced some existing files when installing Dawnguard, the newer files were corrupt somehow.

Note: I also had Hearthfire installed before even downloading Dawnguard. Hearthfire never worked either but I could play the basic Skyrim without a problem as long as Hearthfire wasn't checked in the data files section

Maybe a legal version would work properly?

Banned for piracy

Topic locked

Bben46