Face is different colour to body, why?

hanslanda007

Hello

Well I have been playing a modded Skyrim for sometime now and love it, but I have a problem. The NPC faces are a different colour to their bodies and I cant work out why, I have done tons of research and tried editing through the creation kit.

I have followed the guide below to the letter

Assuming you have the creation kit, open that up.
Once you got the creation kit up,
click the open folder box in the top left hand corner.
Select the "Skyrim.esm"(don't make it active, just put the check mark by it),
then select the Apachii.esm(also just put a check by it, don't make it active".
Then scroll down and find my "apachiihairstyles.esp" and set that file as active,
then click OK

.Click "yes to all" in the Warning box. Wait for loading to finish then open the "Object"window if not already open.Click on +box next to "Actor". scroll down to the nord race,Click on the first name in the list,hold down "Shift key and arrow down on keyboard to highlight EVERY npc in the list in the object window then press ctrl f4.
It will bring up a dialogue box asking to export face gen data, select YES. After this, since there are so many files you're exporting it's going to take a minute(find something else to do while it finishes)
and yes.. Your creation kit will hang, and seem to not respond, but only because it's working.
When it's done it will bring up another dialogue box telling you it's done, click OK on that.
Then do the very same thing for the Imperials.
Once that's finished DO NOT CLOSE OUT THE CREATION KIT
Navigate to your skyrim folder. Go to Data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\Facetint\Skyrim.esm, and delete ALL files from that folder. Close out of the window
Click save in the creation kit, then close out the creation kit

Even after that time consuming fix i'm still without luck.

I have also done as this youtube video says also without luck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOXF89QtgYM

The Mods i'm using are listed below

Apachii hair

Apachii hair styles on npc's

Apachii natural retexture less contrast

Apachii natural retexture patch

Cover woman look 1

Natural eyes

I'm using a ton of other mods but the above are the only NPC altering ones.

Here is a link to some screenshots I threw on flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380110@N03/sets/72157634463061515/

Whether it's a man or woman and through various races there is the colour mismatch and it's driving me even more mad now i'm using ENB's

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The neck issue looks like a neckseam. Either a colour/normal/specular one, or one where you need to remove the femalehead_sk.dds files from your textures/actors/character/female folder.

The reason the face is so pale is because that's how Coverwomen is. The makeup on it has a pale, powdered look. It's one of the reasons why I stopped using it.

Try installing another face mod and see if that helps?

• 3 years later...

Well, its a few years late, but I figured I'd post what fixed this for me for anyone else who finds this like I did. For me the issue was with apachiiskyhair npc overhaul. I don't really know exactly what causes it. Maybe something to do with the hair and the lighting, but disabling the mod worked for me.

EDIT: Looks like they have some meshes you can install to fix the issue. I haven't tried it, but that may be the way to go if you want to keep the mod.

Edited by browe07