Tasheni's Mods - development progress and where to find

Tasheni

Dear comunity, as you may have noticed I removed all my mods from nexus for reasons I won't discuss anymore. This will not stopping me from creating my stuff and share it with you. I will stay in touch with the nexus comunity because feedback is always the motor for me to go on. And I like it to create stuff for people.

Your comments are welcome. Please stay friendly and keep in mind that I'm only a humble non-professional mod creator who tries to get things done :laugh:

Please do not discuss here nexus problems. Everything is said about it elsewhere.

I will post here frequently news about mod progresses, plans, issues and where to find my stuff in future. If you are not interested in my work, just skip this topic.

Let's start immediately.

Tasheni's Ethnic Winterclothes LE and Tasheni's Mofu Coat Replacer LE are now hosted on AFK mods. My other smaller mods will follow there when they are reworked. I use the break from nexus to overhaul and update my mods. On AFK mods I created a gallery for screenshots, but I will also post screenshots here and show what I'm working on.

Tasheni Followers and The Isles of Teia will not be hosted on AFK mods, the file size is too big. I'm still searching for a solution. Meanwhile a progress update:

Tasheni Followers:

Fixed behavior bugs and dialogue issues. Some dialogue was spoken at wrong times, with few exceptions it works now as intended. Followers behave like they should now, I found no issues and no crashes anymore.

The mod has now a structure and the first part of the questline is implemented. When starting the game with the mod, you will get log entries that give directions and goals to reach. I tried to use as few quest markers as possible, but some are simply needed.

Tasheni Followers were developed mainly for vanilla Skyrim. They are quest aware and have their own points of view.

While taking the followers with you you will learn about them. At a certain point the questline will start through available dialogue and a certain event, followers will be confronted with. The story progresses slowly while player does his own stuff.

With the next update the part of the questline will end before player gets the request to enter the Wayward Tunnels, who are part of The Isles Of Teia. The second part will be a merge of Tasheni Followers and The Isles of Teia and all further actions will take place in Teia.

Tasheni Followers are even good to take with you if you decide to play other questmods or worldspaces. They will then not comment on quests, but otherwise have their dialogue and scenes and of course, fighting and other skills. But you get most out of them if you start a new playthrough ( with Alternate Start mods or Helgen Intro). So you can decide if you want to play Skyrim quests or other stuff, either way they will be of advantage.

Tasheni followers have over 2000 dialogue lines now and for the next update there will be 600 more. I added an important key scene that underlines the title and intent of the mod: One for all and all for one.

I created a Pirate's song where all six followers are singing together. This works not perfectly, yet, because issues with sound sync, but I'm working on it.

The Isles of Teia questpart is not fully written ready, yet. I know exactly what I want, but there are some gaps I have to close in a logical manner. The background for the questline is as follows:

Kyne is creation! The Adamantine Stone, the Zero Stone inside the Adamantine Tower ensures the structure of creation. If the Direnni want to go back to the immortal plane, they need to find the secret of that stone or free the time dragon. Both is an attack on creation, the Goddess Kyne! Kyne also leads the souls of the dead Nord to Sovngarde. Without her there will be no hope and no afterlife.

The Direnni made a pact with the Ayleids, who are not gone from the world, like many believe. They operate secretly, experimenting with the eldest known magic to achieve their goal: To reach the immortal plane.

Tasheni Followers and the player will get in their way to save the goddess Kyne from falling into the void.

The questline is fully lore friendly - with the exception of Elder Scrolls Online.

I was asked to add more civilization to the isles world, but this would not fit the questline. There will be the crazy couple that run the tavern, a sculptor who lives on Rhun, a group of centaurs who fled from Valenwood long time ago, their human shaman and player will encounter the Heartland Elves led by a powerful Direnni mage. And some Thalmor, of course.

You will need to listen to the followers dialogue to get into the story, but I will also provide books for supporting the questline and the background of Teia.

That's it for today. You know now that I make progress despite every obstacle that gets in my way :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement:

After thinking the last four weeks now what to do with my mods I decided to setup my own server. I need to learn how to deal with the MyPHP database I will use, or maybe I will use a wordpress system. However, this will grant me maximal control over my files in future and best protection for other mod author's permissions given to me. Now I will be busy with learning MYSQL. When it's done, link will be posted here.

I have 100GB diskspace now, enough for quite some stuff. But I need to learn how to manage that all.

Teia progress: Spended the last two days for cluttering up the second igloo. This one is mainly a store and crafting area for alchemy and staff enchanting. I added a lot of new objects from resources, so file size is increased again. Two more followers can sleep in bedrolls, but not that comfortable like in igloo one. So all of my six followers and the player can look for shelter now. The climate is really harsh there and it feels good to go inside. Outside is now a breathing hole for seals in the ice cover where you can also catch salmon. A little seal is lurking around to maybe catch that salmon, too :)

I retextured the Daedra Armor again for more variety, but I'm not very satisfied with it. I will include Mihail's Dremora armor, that fits perfectly for some Daedra thralls.

Voice Acting: I absolved recently a professional speech training and my voice is fit and healthy again.

That's it for today. Greetings and enjoy.

Happy to hear that you found a new place for your work. I look forward to seeing it. Best of luck learning how to build and run your site!!! :dance:

Your voice is very lovely by the way. I just listened to some of your voice work and I love your accent. It sometimes slips through when you're doing different voices and it's adorable. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

Thank you, Nekoshama, I appreciate your good wishes. Today I was so annoyed with the setup of that wordpress toolkit that I wanted to throw my computer out of the window. I guess it will take some time to get that whole thing running like I want to. I get help this weekend. Until then I will make a plan first about what I really need. That's clever, isn't it? :laugh:

Oh my accent, yes. I guess I will not manage to get that away. But I'm happy you like my voice work. I have two new requests for voice acting, for Holds the City and Mihail's project and this will be fun, I'm sure. But it's good you mentioned my accent. It's important to stay realistic. As a german I can't assess my own accent. Maybe it doesn't matter so much for a fantasy game :confused:

Edited by Tasheni

• 2 weeks later...

I was very busy the last days. Here is the progress update for Teia Silaseli. New images under my profile:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/16030609?tab=user+images

The Shiny Hall is now ready. The orrery (thanks so much, Estroya, for the orrery model) sits now exactly around the great welkynd stone who fires his energy into the sky to reach Aetherius. There is now more light in the hall.

I completed the Ayleid ruins with many cobwebs, scatter and dust and it is really creepy in there ( at least for me). Fighting is some kind of urban warfare there. You can hide and seek in the corners. But I guess I will delete the gargoyles - they are simply too strong. After the tough fight in the hall, this maybe too much. How do you see that?

There is now another exit that leads to a hall with a labyrinth. A glass labyrinth. Without light you have no chance to get through. With light the glass panels reflect it in a beautiful way, but it's still hard to get through. Player will get a lot of bumps. But I was friendly. There will be help on the way through, and even if you have no torches or magelight with you, you will generously find it :)

New is a small jail under the ruins and I created a long exit passage, so player doesn't need to make the same way back. The exit location is a bit surprising. Fitting my storyline.

I cluttered up the cocon houses in the crystal cave. You will find new books there ( design and content). The cocons are from the Bosmer City Kit from BaronF ( thanks a lot for these). The interior is very small, but I was surprised how much stuff you can get into it. There is room for three people to sleep in one cocon, a small living area where you can cook and an alchemy area. Thanks to stroti and Tamira, I could use the treehouse beds from Stroti. They fit perfectly for my purpose.

That's it for today. Stay healthy.

Edited by Tasheni

• 4 weeks later...

The last four days I worked on my pirate's song. Game engine is not made for 6 npcs singing like one man, but I'm such a trickster :dance:

It's also not made for animate 6 npcs like one man, animations play not reliably, not even when forced with a script.

Despite that, I had fun, and hopefully you will have, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ug6ALhceM

• 3 weeks later...

Development of web presence goes well. Please read latest post:

http://https://seeyouinskyrim.net/skyrim-stuff/next-step-is-done/

I hope I can provide more content soon.

Tasheni Followers update:

I have now all voices together for the new scenes and they are already implemented. Now I will start to setup the main ambush for the questline in Skyrim. Then the update will be out.

Stay tuned and greetings from Tasheni

• 4 weeks later...

Tasheni Followers mod progress update:

When half of the questline in Skyrim was implemented, I started again with testing from the beginning. There are two options, to start with Helgen intro or with Alternate Start from Arthmoor (should work with other alternate start mods, too). I did test Helgen Intro months before and all worked fine, so I could work on other stuff. Now I experienced that it was completely broken. Ruby was not saying her dialogue, run confused around and did not participate in fighting. Weirdest thing was, everyone got suddenly a dialogue line that should only be spoken to Vala, the playerhorse.

I can't even imagine how that could happen, but when I looked into ck, this line had no GetIsID condition anymore. I set it again to Vala, but no difference.

I deleted that dialogue and implemented it new. I relinked every order dialogue from the followers. Now it works again.

I needed two weeks to clean up all issues with the intro, finally it works fine again. Can you imagine how annoying it was to go through Helgen intro a thousend times more? :wacko:

I have no idea how this is possible, maybe this happened through automatic cleaning with TESVEdit? But I guess, this is an issue with ck. I often think ck is not saving my changes properly. Sometimes changes I make have no effect ingame. But suddenly a week or so later, they suddenly appear. How could I work with such an unsolid workbench? Makes me headaches.

Now I have another issue and no idea, when this first appeared, so I can't revert to a backup because I don't know, which to choose. My playerhorse is not working correctly anymore. I described it here and hope to get help: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10659303-skyrim-bug-horse-teleports-away-from-player-instead-of-following/

Now the positive things:

I cleaned all scripts and structured the quests new. There is only one start enabled quest left, all others are started through scripts, when needed. Everything runs faster now.

I cleaned everything manually with TESVEdit and reduced filesize.

I encountered no bugs with my followers. Everything works like it should - with the exception of Vala. But I hope to get that right again. Worst case would be to delete her and redo her. She is referenced by so many packages, dialogue conditions, properties, would be terrible to link those all again.

Goal is now to get the questline implemented to the point when player achieves Stony Creek Farm. And for the update i need to write dialogue for Eldrid. Everything elses dialogue is ready and implemented and working - was working before the broken intro. I will test again. New deadline is start of december - but that's relative. You know how that works with deadlines.

So long for today, stay healthy.

Update: Fixed the player horse. I recreated her from scratch in an own mod and when it worked well, I compared it with my followers mod. I changed everything exactly like it is in the separate mod and yeah, all works fine again. I'm so happy about it. But I still don't understand, how this could happen. I guess I will never know...

Edited by Tasheni