This is a recurring problem for me, when I try to leave an interior cell I randomly get infinite load screens. First one happened when trying to leave Solstheim back to Skyrim after finishing the main DB quest (char lvl 56), and the second when trying to leave Markarth. The first time this happened to me I couldn't find a solution so I decided to abandon that save and start a new game (wasting many hours of gameplay). The second time, leaving Markarth before and after completing the Forswarn quest (char lvl 26). I went back to my level 1 save (yea, I was stupid enough not to make more save throughout my time with this character... :/), I traveled to Markarth, entering the cell and out, but I didn't get the same infinite load screen, everything played out normally. So i doubt it's some kind of mod conflict, unless it's a timed problem. But just in case, I've added my load order if anyone is kind enough to look through it (dw I wont keep my hopes high, because I don't think I ever got a response from people from the forums :/, but because I like playing Skyrim so much Iam going to try anyway)

I've run TES5Edit, and nothing out of the ordinary was seen.

Any solution? I really don't want to keep making new character because of this problem.

Thanks.

There are so many topics on this... Use search :) but to give you some idea about the most common causes of this...

There are so many topics on this... Use search :smile: but to give you some idea about the most common causes of this...

Thank you so much for the response (this is actually my first response I can remember, sad but true). But soon after posting this I've realized that this problem is most likely due to all the mods I've installed and deleted throughout my time playing this game. Basically I've just done over my save file, AKA I am a "mod wh*%#" xD.

and deleted

Yea, that's when the party starts in your save game :biggrin: Not really a save way to fix that...

Start a new game with the mods you wanna use, and then - dont change them.... especially, dont delete them :wink: mostly it's quite save to add a mod, if it's compatible... removing one is a whole different story.

I see your papyrus edits in the .ini file and I am eager to try that, but the last time I changed there something, especially the last value, my SkyUI moaned. Is this a safe setting for SkyUI?

yea those settings are fine, I have no issues using them with SkyUI or SKSE... They will start crying when you increase the memory allocation to something insane like 4GB as some people do (why...) I put it at 1 MB, which is already waaaay higher than the 70 KB which it normally has. It's actually too high already... might as well put that at 256KB and put the update times at something like 4.8 ms which is already a good deal higher than the default.

SkyUI/SKSE do not like it when you change these of the default by too much;

iMaxMemoryPageSize

iMinMemoryPageSize

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes

load times are a bit higher with those settings... because I have increased the budget from 1.2 ms to 12 ms ... I would not go higher than that... if anyway your game runs fine, then just leave it at what it is. No need to fix stuff that isn't broken

Wonderfull, I will try that. I already decreased my CTD and endless loading loops a lot by lowering my texture load (unchecking the official high rez .esps came along with the overall best result).

I tried your above advices, but deinstalling A Quality World Map -> no improvement for me

I tried disabling auto saves on fast travels (actually I should have thought about that much earlier...) -> came along with a light improvement

I disabled a whole lot of my Benjamin318 mods (because I think Skyrim HD 2k is enough and the Benjamin318 mods are nice, but the high rez is caused by adding a lot of "noise"...)

I run a lot of script heavy mods (SOS, Footprints, Wet and Cold etc. etc.) and will try the papyrus stuff.

Yeah, I changed especially the three settings you posted above and maybe too much, I formerly thought I couln't raise them above default at all, but as it seems a small improvement is possible,

UPDATE: This actually worked great with 4.8, 4.8 and 256000, no moaning SkyUI and load times are still bearable. I checked the official (and the unofficial one) high rez .esp files again and I succeeded in a flawless fast travel to my Pale House, Heljarchen Hall. There are just a few remaining spots in Skyrim left who cause a CTD in 99% of all cases when I fast travel there (and if I move there normaly and come close to those spots too), the Hearthfire House near Falkreath, Markarth Stables, Dragonbridge and Windhelm Stables. I have no idea why...

Have you tried the SFO LODs? They specifically cause infinite loadscreens on those locations you mention... (lot of trees in LOD there)..

Oh wait, CTD, not loadscreen... lol

If you're confident the Papyrus solves some CTD, then try to put this as test for the locations still crashing... Just a test...

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=4.8
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=4.8
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1048576

I don't use those mods .... on this forum a lot and I see so many people having troubles ... and those mods you mention (SoS, Footsteps, Wet&Cold) are in 90% of the cases in their load orders, so I am a bit wary of installing them ...

How high res? 8K's? use the 4K Pines ... 8K is REALLY heavy if you use all kind of other textures next to it (Skyrim HD, etc)... Also use Skyrim HD Lite version, not Full... save yourself a million headaches :p