Navmesh Issue

itstrypp

Okay, I seem to be having quite a big issue with navmeshing. The problem being that when I am navmeshing the city that I am making right now, it seems that there are cell borders that I can't pass through and it wont let me connect vertices through this "border". I can make a mesh on either side of the border and take the edges and push them right on top of the border on either side, to where they litterally look like they are one mesh. I run pathing tests and even when they are on top of each other like previously stated the pathing test fails. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there a fix? Or will the npc's pick up the other navmesh at the border of the one they are in, or get stuck in that navmesh? >.<;

If your NavMesh cell borders will not finalize (green border), NPC's will not cross.

I dont know how much you know about meshing,

Two cells coming together, thier borders must contain the same number of triangle nodes and those nodes need to align.

Looking Top-Down, nodes need to appear as one.

Looking in from the sides, nodes need not appear as one but if a node is too far below or above the land mesh, the NPC will not interact with it, which is not what you want.

DO NOT delete vanilla NavMesh "forms" (NavMesh "form" is a group of triangles given a "Form ID", as seen in "Cell View" window of the CK) , you can delete triangles from a "form" but if you delete all the triangles of a "form", that "form" is effectively deleted and thats a No-No.

If the NavMesh "form" is unwanted, drop it below (well below) the land surface mesh.

I am not entirely sure about how to finalize, I will be honest. From what I am getting is just red and yellow borders. The green borders you are talking about, does that annotate 2 navmeshs that will interact with each other or something entirely different?