Webpage notifications still taking two clicks to delete, Why?

LPlates

The mark as read button should be delete, as when they are read, they are marked as such anyway!

Like most users, I get loads of notifications (mod updates/comments etc) most of which I just want to delete for now but like to be kept up to date.

Please make delete notification a single click operation, as it used to be :)

It should not take 2 clicks/pop down menus etc just to delete a message/notification.

If you read it, it's marked as read, should use the pop down to unmark it.

It now takes me almost twice as long to catch up with my notifications now!

You have to click on options and then the delete option to remove, 2 clicks!

There is a mark as read and an options menu (WHY?) the options only has unmark and delete in!

The mark as read should be a toggle and delete should replace the useless "options" button (unless there's going to be more "options"...)

A classic bit of UI design, designed by someone who does not use the system, I'd guess...

You have to click on options and then the delete option to remove, 2 clicks!

There is a mark as read and an options menu (WHY?) the options only has unmark and delete in!

The mark as read should be a toggle and delete should replace the useless "options" button (unless there's going to be more "options"...)

A classic bit of UI design, designed by someone who does not use the system, I'd guess...

I really don't understand today's UI design, it all started with google and their horrible UI design and how they add so many unnecessary clicks