Vanilla Navmesh

so on fo4 creation kit ive watched and read almost every tutorial and thought i had a grip on things till i tried to start modifying outside around my gates, the idea was i wanted to replace some of the pink no nav triangles with red nav triangles. my first thought was delete the triangle and just select the 3 points and hit a which seemed to get the effect i wanted till i reloaded mod and had bunch errors

PATHFINDING: Navmesh 001aaddd Cell 'Wilderness' (0000DE5F) (-11, 13) in WorldSpace 'Commonwealth' (0000003C), Triangles 853 and 571 are linked, but their vertices do not match

PATHFINDING: Navmesh 001aaddd Cell 'Wilderness' (0000DE5F) (-11, 13) in WorldSpace 'Commonwealth' (0000003C), Triangle 853 has a link to Triangle 139, but Triangle 139 doesn't have the matching link

FORMS: Form '' (01001732) of type NAVI in file 'Starlight_Phase02.esp' was not freed.
FORMS: Forms were leaked during ClearData. Check Warnings file for more info.

have like 20 of these and they didnt show up as probs when i saved so now have to start all over, even fo4edit doesnt show probs when run but all this pops up when load mod in creation, anyway so alot of wasted time and had to go back to beginning on mod so my question is how can i change pink triangles that are vanilla to red ones without breaking things, is there another key like "a" that makes pink squares also and is there a key or way to convert triangles from pink to red? thanks for the help and sorry if question has been asked i looked for hours and couldnt find any info on and i want my navmesh to be the best it can be for mod

Edited by bud9961

I'd like to know this as well, but I don't get the problems you do.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to change to the different colours, that you see on the Vanilla Navmeshes. As I'm not a fan of leaving holes in the Navmeshes, under soon to be deleted items in settlement Navmeshes.

P = Preferred Pathing

I delete the Pink Navmeshes, by selecting the solid triangle and deleting them 1 at a time. Then re-selecting the 3 points and hitting A to fill them. I spent 2 hours yesterday, Navmeshing one of my Settlement mods...

You are hitting the Tick button after building the Navmeshes, to finalise them. Then saving them... I'm only an amateur Navmesher...

Sometime it takes me a few attempts to get the chunk borders to link, hitting the Tick button a few times, until they all link.

yeah i check and finalize them and it wasnt showing any probs till i go to reload mod in creation, im not leaving any holes that will start getting you missing navmesh messages so id like to get this figured out how to make the pink ones and how to just switch pink to red without messing with too much of the vanilla

update: ok so i experimented for like 8 hours and since no one seems to know anything about and found that its going to give those messages no matter what but after a while they go away, i think it may be something as stupid as the order you click the 3 vertices when you are replacing a vanilla triangle but im not sure. fo4edit shows my mod is fine and error free but i still got this message in creation, i dont think its a problem tho i seen others get this and ignore it

FORMS: Form '' (01001732) of type NAVI in file 'Starlight_Phase02.esp' was not freed.
FORMS: Forms were leaked during ClearData. Check Warnings file for more info.

The pink triangles have "No Large Creature" flag set. You can toggle it with CTRL-L when a triangle is selected.

The orange triangles have "Preferred Pathing" flag set. You can toggle it with P when a triangle is selected.

Blue is water, toggle with O.

Yellow means edge where NPC can jump down, but Idk how to toggle that.

thank you but the pink im talking about are i guess actually magenta where npcs cant walk so still trying to get figured out how to convert those into red without deleting

Edited by bud9961

I wouldn't mind knowing how to change to the different colours, that you see on the Vanilla Navmeshes. As I'm not a fan of leaving holes in the Navmeshes, under soon to be deleted items in settlement Navmeshes.

P = Preferred Pathing

I delete the Pink Navmeshes, by selecting the solid triangle and deleting them 1 at a time. Then re-selecting the 3 points and hitting A to fill them. I spent 2 hours yesterday, Navmeshing one of my Settlement mods...

You are hitting the Tick button after building the Navmeshes, to finalise them. Then saving them... I'm only an amateur Navmesher...

Sometime it takes me a few attempts to get the chunk borders to link, hitting the Tick button a few times, until they all link.

The check mark does other things too..Like connect cell to cell navmeshes (very important ) ... Cells where verticies dont match are usually where there is a height difference and navmesh couldnt connect In these cases i do a regeneration of the the cells (especially if they have a shitload of triangles and edit what i need to fix....

In my most recent mod i had to erase and redo 16 cells of navmesh because i edited all the terrain (flattened ,raised,new land mass etc...) ...lol 7-8 hours i all most went blind :tongue: (https://imgur.com/a/lR9Csxc)

P = Preferred Pathing

The check mark does other things too..Like connect cell to cell navmeshes (very important ) ... Cells where verticies dont match are usually where there is a height difference and navmesh couldnt connect In these cases i do a regeneration of the the cells (especially if they have a shitload of triangles and edit what i need to fix....

In my most recent mod i had to erase and redo 16 cells of navmesh because i edited all the terrain (flattened ,raised,new land mass etc...) ...lol 7-8 hours i all most went blind :tongue: (https://imgur.com/a/lR9Csxc)

Yeah... I sometimes I have to generate Navmeshes a few times to get the borders to generate, I think of the borders as mini doorways.

Navmesh height, I press the F button after selecting a point to get it to drop to the floor. Good for borders joining...

I was just looking at the mod in the picture, trying to work out where it is, and how it joins to the Vanilla map. It's the Dlc Far Harbour, haven't worked where it joins, as I haven't played that section much. Too busy having fun on the main map...

A modder made a full island for Skyrim, and for fun. I made a full Navmesh for it... I later read in his comments section, he was having trouble making a Navmesh for it, soo... I gave him the 98% done Navmesh, it just needed a couple of tweaks on the seams.

I just spent 3 hours Navmeshing my unpublished Coastal Cottage settlement update, it looks like it's out of the Vanilla game. Like something out of Scooby Doo, on the hill top, in the NacX weather storm.

Just working out how to do the lift, and Vendor...

I've made Navmeshes for 12 mod locations in the past 3 months. 4 Bridges, 8 Settlements.

But 16 Cells, if manually made, is a lot of work. Coastal Cottage was only 4 Cells, and I had to keep taking breaks, as my Brain felt as if it was melting...

The pink triangles have "No Large Creature" flag set. You can toggle it with CTRL-L when a triangle is selected.

The orange triangles have "Preferred Pathing" flag set. You can toggle it with P when a triangle is selected.

Blue is water, toggle with O.

Yellow means edge where NPC can jump down, but Idk how to toggle that.

Brilliant... very helpful... :smile:

P = Preferred Pathing

Yeah... I sometimes I have to generate Navmeshes a few times to get the borders to generate, I think of the borders as mini doorways.

Navmesh height, I press the F button after selecting a point to get it to drop to the floor. Good for borders joining...

I was just looking at the mod in the picture, trying to work out where it is, and how it joins to the Vanilla map. It's the Dlc Far Harbour, haven't worked where it joins, as I haven't played that section much. Too busy having fun on the main map...

A modder made a full island for Skyrim, and for fun. I made a full Navmesh for it... I later read in his comments section, he was having trouble making a Navmesh for it, soo... I gave him the 98% done Navmesh, it just needed a couple of tweaks on the seams.

I just spent 3 hours Navmeshing my unpublished Coastal Cottage settlement update, it looks like it's out of the Vanilla game. Like something out of Scooby Doo, on the hill top, in the NacX weather storm.

Just working out how to do the lift, and Vendor...

I've made Navmeshes for 12 mod locations in the past 3 months. 4 Bridges, 8 Settlements.

But 16 Cells, if manually made, is a lot of work. Coastal Cottage was only 4 Cells, and I had to keep taking breaks, as my Brain felt as if it was melting...

lol check it..out..Look at the pictures...one of them is the navmesh https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53543