Vanilla Navmesh

I'd like to know this as well, but I don't get the problems you do.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to change to the different colours, that you see on the Vanilla Navmeshes. As I'm not a fan of leaving holes in the Navmeshes, under soon to be deleted items in settlement Navmeshes.

P = Preferred Pathing

I delete the Pink Navmeshes, by selecting the solid triangle and deleting them 1 at a time. Then re-selecting the 3 points and hitting A to fill them. I spent 2 hours yesterday, Navmeshing one of my Settlement mods...

You are hitting the Tick button after building the Navmeshes, to finalise them. Then saving them... I'm only an amateur Navmesher...

Sometime it takes me a few attempts to get the chunk borders to link, hitting the Tick button a few times, until they all link.

The check mark does other things too..Like connect cell to cell navmeshes (very important ) ... Cells where verticies dont match are usually where there is a height difference and navmesh couldnt connect In these cases i do a regeneration of the the cells (especially if they have a shitload of triangles and edit what i need to fix....

In my most recent mod i had to erase and redo 16 cells of navmesh because i edited all the terrain (flattened ,raised,new land mass etc...) ...lol 7-8 hours i all most went blind :tongue: (https://imgur.com/a/lR9Csxc)

Yeah... I sometimes I have to generate Navmeshes a few times to get the borders to generate, I think of the borders as mini doorways.

Navmesh height, I press the F button after selecting a point to get it to drop to the floor. Good for borders joining...

I was just looking at the mod in the picture, trying to work out where it is, and how it joins to the Vanilla map. It's the Dlc Far Harbour, haven't worked where it joins, as I haven't played that section much. Too busy having fun on the main map...

A modder made a full island for Skyrim, and for fun. I made a full Navmesh for it... I later read in his comments section, he was having trouble making a Navmesh for it, soo... I gave him the 98% done Navmesh, it just needed a couple of tweaks on the seams.

I just spent 3 hours Navmeshing my unpublished Coastal Cottage settlement update, it looks like it's out of the Vanilla game. Like something out of Scooby Doo, on the hill top, in the NacX weather storm.

Just working out how to do the lift, and Vendor...

I've made Navmeshes for 12 mod locations in the past 3 months. 4 Bridges, 8 Settlements.

But 16 Cells, if manually made, is a lot of work. Coastal Cottage was only 4 Cells, and I had to keep taking breaks, as my Brain felt as if it was melting...

lol check it..out..Look at the pictures...one of them is the navmesh https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53543

I hadn't realised picture 14 was your Navmesh, I just thought it was a weird red map picture... :ohmy: