File Submission Guidelines question

jenncave

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10304418-ac3s-banned/

Reason:
Enough is enough. You've been warned before and while we understand you're upset, that is no excuse for going on a week-long rampage instigating as much drama as possible.

Staff have addressed your concerns numerous times now, and we've been tolerant in our moderation approach giving you ample time to cool down. Initially, you complained about the inability to have only some but not all of your mod files deleted and we've since actioned your deletion request submitted via the partial deletion request form. You've clearly made up your mind and there is no need for you to continue spreading misinformation, wild accusations, or, as you've done now, guilting fellow mod authors into removing assets well after you have given them permission to use them. Revoking permissions like that has never been a thing we enforced on our site. Please refer to our File Submission Guidelines.

Not only that, but you chose to do this publicly and at the same time you're accusing said mod author of conspiring behind "everyone's back". We simply cannot allow you to continue stirring the drama pot and to alienate uninvolved third parties when you've clearly already decided you want to leave - which is a choice we respect. Given your conduct over the last several weeks, however, you are forcing us to take action against your account to put a stop to your behaviour, which has become untenable.

Further, and under these circumstances, we simply do no longer wish to host your mods on our site and have now removed all of your mod pages.

Reference post

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/28-file-submission-guidelines#Distribution_Users

Distribution Permissions in Relation to other Users

We provide users with the ability to detail how they wish their work to be reused within the Nexus Mods network via our various permission preset options. Bear in mind that these permission settings are file specific. Alternatively, users are free to state their own terms regarding permissions for their content on a given file page. Only the original author of a given file or asset can specify its distribution permissions.

If the author has not provided any permission information at all - you should assume that you must request permission from the author.

Should any disputes occur within the context of our websites and services, these permissions will be referred to by staff who will attempt to enforce your wishes, within reason. If another Nexus Mods user does not adhere to posted permission statements, their account may be subject to moderation based on review.

If you give your permission to another author for them and/or others to use your work, then, pending a breach of whatever terms you decided, you cannot take back that permission once the other user(s)'s file has been released.

Permissions and provisions you granted to other users of our site with regard to your content will remain in effect even if you cease to use Nexus Mods or in the event that your account is terminated.

Always document your conversations with other authors regarding permissions, preferably via private message on the Nexus forums, and provide staff with any pertinent evidence to facilitate investigation and conflict resolution when needed.

I am trying to understand why he cannot revoke permissions based on the circumstances changing. Which they did.

Thanks

I would also be interested in, how these guidelines are to be understood, concerning an owner's right to change their mind at any point in time.

Exactly. The terms were set then. Nexus changed their file deletion policy. If my friend asked me right now to remove all of his meshes from my mod series, I would. It would be a colossal pain in the butt but those assets belong to him.

Unless the terms he set included mention of "file deletion policy" then he has no right to ask another modder to remove the assets. The permission was already given and there was no violation.

What you do voluntarily is up to you.

Under the circumstances, I personally do not see any problem. If the rules for the authors regarding the hosting service change, then the authors must also have the right to adapt.