Major Vortex Issues. Across All Games.

Daneen59

So, Vortex stopped reading ALL of my mods. It says everything is incompatible. From Nexus and LL. I deleted and reinstalled both games, Vortex, and all of my mods. I spent HOURS trying to fix my problem, but it won't read or register ANY mods. I'm at complete loss. I spent several hours going through the support forums and nothing I read helped. I don't have anti virus software or anything that could be blocking it, and I've been modding my games for almost 2 years and have never had this problem.

So, Vortex stopped reading ALL of my mods. It says everything is incompatible. From Nexus and LL. I deleted and reinstalled both games, Vortex, and all of my mods. I spent HOURS trying to fix my problem, but it won't read or register ANY mods. I'm at complete loss. I spent several hours going through the support forums and nothing I read helped. I don't have anti virus software or anything that could be blocking it, and I've been modding my games for almost 2 years and have never had this problem.

When you say you DELETED all of your games did you first PURGE the mods using Vortex or did you just delete the game folders with all of the mods still linked to the game folders?

If not, you've already wrecked your entire setup and I wished you had come in here before you did something as unnecessary as nuking your entire setup, and then asking for help.

When you say you DELETED all of your games did you first PURGE the mods using Vortex or did you just delete the game folders with all of the mods still linked to the game folders?

If not, you've already wrecked your entire setup and I wished you had come in here before you did something as unnecessary as nuking your entire setup, and then asking for help.

Purged, deleted each file and the archive, THEN any left over files, THEN the games and any leftover files except for save game data. The games are FO4 and SSE

Edited by Daneen59

Guest deleted34304850

ok, thank you.

well the first thing - you didn't need to delete your games. all you need to do is delete the data folder which will remove everything - then validate your files via steam, which will create a new, empty data folder.

do that - then start up fo4 and see if you get a default game to start with no mods. if you do - cool you have a solid base.

the next thing you need to do is go into your appdata folder and either delete or rename your vortex folder because vortex is going to believe that you have a ton of mods installed, when you don't. this action will basically stop vortex from thinking that.

you may need to reinstall vortex at this point - don't for god's sake install an old version of vortex (see a thread yesterday where someone went full on blind panic and wrecked their set up). reinstall vortex - fire it up let it find fo4.

you should - at this point - have an unmodded fo4 that can start and no mods in vortex for fallout 4.

install 1 mod - and only 1 mod - using vortex. make sure its deployed and the plugin (if it has one) is enabled. id suggest UFO4P as that mod WORKS!

once you have your mod installed/deployed - fire up FO4 again - you should get the message about mods being loaded and achievements disabled. start the new game - make sure it loads - if it does and you are happy running around before the apocalypse - you're golden.

alt f4 the game as this was just validation.

from there - start modding again - a few at a time - and start up the game occasionally to make sure everything is good.

give that a try and see how you go - post back here with anything you're not sure of, or is giving you an issue.

gogogogogogogogo

ok, thank you.

well the first thing - you didn't need to delete your games. all you need to do is delete the data folder which will remove everything - then validate your files via steam, which will create a new, empty data folder.

do that - then start up fo4 and see if you get a default game to start with no mods. if you do - cool you have a solid base.

the next thing you need to do is go into your appdata folder and either delete or rename your vortex folder because vortex is going to believe that you have a ton of mods installed, when you don't. this action will basically stop vortex from thinking that.

you may need to reinstall vortex at this point - don't for god's sake install an old version of vortex (see a thread yesterday where someone went full on blind panic and wrecked their set up). reinstall vortex - fire it up let it find fo4.

you should - at this point - have an unmodded fo4 that can start and no mods in vortex for fallout 4.

install 1 mod - and only 1 mod - using vortex. make sure its deployed and the plugin (if it has one) is enabled. id suggest UFO4P as that mod WORKS!

once you have your mod installed/deployed - fire up FO4 again - you should get the message about mods being loaded and achievements disabled. start the new game - make sure it loads - if it does and you are happy running around before the apocalypse - you're golden.

from there - start modding again - a few at a time - and start up the game occasionally to make sure everything is good.

give that a try and see how you go - post back here with anything you're not sure of, or is giving you an issue.

gogogogogogogogo

I'm trying it now. Vortex game me an error about mods "disappearing" and they were disabled but also uninstalled? Like it was a mess and a half.

S

ok, thank you.

gogogogogogo

SOOOOOOO the did not work. But I did get Skyrim working. So progress

Did you experiment with PROFILES at all?

Also, if you are using Windows Defender (It's possible, otherwise windows will constantly remind you that you don't have any protection on your system) make sure that "Controlled Folder Access is turned off, then REINSTALL Vortex with Windows Defender turned off.

Did you experiment with PROFILES at all?

Also, if you are using Windows Defender (It's possible, otherwise windows will constantly remind you that you don't have any protection on your system) make sure that "Controlled Folder Access is turned off, then REINSTALL Vortex with Windows Defender turned off.

I don't use Windows Defender. I have the ONLY profile on Vortex in my house. I try not to mess with shizz I don't know enough about.