Collections

KamariBVB

doesn't matter who was using what - the point remains - if you're on a capped data plan then its no-one's fault but your own.

I disagree. First of all, I am supposed to be able to boss my mom around? Really? Even if I wanted to get her to stop watching Netflix, I do not think she should have felt obligated to do so. Especially since both of the ISPs I am talking about claimed to be data cap free, so we signed a contract, only to find out that-ooops-yes they do have data caps, and the biggest package they had was 100 GB / month for nearly $170/month.

Secondly, but most importantly, (bolded for emphasis) *the whole point of collections is to make it easier for people to download mods. But data caps could prevent ppl from downloading mods at all, depending on how big the collection is and what size their data cap is.* get the point now?

Edited by KamariBVB

In Windows click Settings, then Network and Internet, then click Data Usage, that will tell you how data each app has used in the past 30 days.

tQE4eX4.png

The only way to make Vortex use less data is to download less with it.

In Windows click Settings, then Network and Internet, then click Data Usage, that will tell you how data each app has used in the past 30 days.ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

tQE4eX4.png

ÃÃÂ

The only way to make Vortex use less data is to download less with it.

First of all, thank you for your assistance, I was already aware of that. But as I have said before, I know that as of this moment, Vortex is not able to download mods with data separate from the data given to the use by their own ISP. The point is, I have been told that Vortex could be updated to fix that, and it would be easy to do so. Given that it is Vortex that will be using collections, it makes sense to make this change, as well. No one has told me that it is not possible for NexusMods to change their app in this manner. Edited by KamariBVB

I'm pretty sure that it could be done without excessive effort, although my saying "easy" might have been going too far.

The problem is that even if they added it to the Vortex roadmap, it could very well be quite far down the list of things that need to be done and want to be done.

I'm pretty sure that it could be done without excessive effort, although my saying "easy" might have been going too far.

Â

The problem is that even if they added it to the Vortex roadmap, it could very well be quite far down the list of things that need to be done and want to be done.

Given the validity of the viewpoints of people against this change, I suspect that Robin might not be the best judge of what *should* be done

First of all, thank you for your assistance, I was already aware of that. But as I have said before, I know that as of this moment, Vortex is not able to download mods with data separate from the data given to the use by their own ISP. The point is, I have been told that Vortex could be updated to fix that, and it would be easy to do so. Given that it is Vortex that will be using collections, it makes sense to make this change, as well. No one has told me that it is not possible for NexusMods to change their app in this manner.

Vortex can only send data to the address it's requested from, if that address is your ISP's then that data will go through them. I'm sure it's possible to add a feature where it could download to some kind of cloud service but that would be pointless as you'd still have to download it from there. The only other way is to use another connection, public Wi-Fi, school, work, internet café or something like that. Collections will use more data but there's nothing that can be done about that, the individual mods themselves will still be available to download so you're not losing anything.

Â

Given the validity of the viewpoints of people against this change, I suspect that Robin might not be the best judge of what *should* be done

Ask for feature, insult owner of company. Seems like sound strategy.

Good luck with that.

I am aware that Nexus does not have a way to check for data caps. What I do know, however, is that someone told me it would be easy to add functionality to vortex so it will not use that data.

At first I thought you were asking for a way to set a limit in Vortex so you don't go over your datacap. But I see now you are actually asking to have it not count toward your datacap at all. I don't think that is possible, or legal. It wouldn't be much of a datacap if anyone could just code programs to not use it, and somehow bypass it. I would assume to do anything like that legitimately, you would need to have some form of agreement with ISPs. And to be honest, I don't think Nexus Mods would have that capability.

I can only see bigger companies, like Sony, Microsoft, etc being able to work out deals like that.

Edit: Oh, and to answer one of your questions that I don't think has been yet. Collections are not removing the ability to download mods individually.

Â

Ask for feature, insult owner of company. Seems like sound strategy.

Good luck with that.

I might have more sympathy if the Bethesda TOS didn't specifically say that its terms rules over the terms of the TOS of any other entity that might conflict with it.