minuteman musket to work like laser rifle

Jhawksun

Let me see what I can do. I've got the crank off (Nifskope) and the S-bracket that was supporting it, along with the nut and bolt holding the bracket on (Outfit Studio). And yes I'm sure there was an easier way to do it, but you work with what you know lol

Changing models is fairly easy. But the laser weapon loading animations won't match the musket models, and the cranking animations are stupid when there's no crank. Maybe the SMG drum animations would work, sort of look like you are sticking a new fusion cell in the bottom. I'll see what I can come up with.

I may try and remove the tape from the barrel(s) while I'm at it, I always thought that looked, well, stupid. Metal bands, sure, but not fiber tape. You'd get 2 or 3 shots before the heat from the laser melted the glue and everything went out of alignment. But obviously no one at Bethesda ever heard of a hose clamp.

Soooo, I can't figure out how to get rid of the crank animation, or the need to do it multiple times to fully load the rifle :( I changed all the keywords and aim models and whatnot, and I can probably figure out how to swap animations, but I have no idea how to get rid of the crank reloading mechanics themselves.

Remove the Charging Reload flag.

Problem is that you are still bound by the cranking movement by the laser-musket because that is what the mesh is designed to work with, and what the current animation is for.

But it doesn't stop you for using the laser-musket as a semi-auto rifle albeit cranked to reload. I have this receiver type in my Weapon Overhauls, but you have to add an amount of delay between shots.