Cyclic Rules from Ghosted Plugins

NewThalos
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

Vortex v1.4.14

Skyrim SE

900+ Mods Installed

Windows 10 x64, latest updates (7/27/21)

Cyclic Rules from Ghosted Plugins

I use multiple profiles for the purpose of merging plugins, and once the plugins are merged, they're then disabled and ghosted for the sake of ensuring I don't accidently toggle them back on erroneously. Once the merge is complete, I then switch back to the primary profile.

EDIT: I have 303 Ghosted plugins currently, all involved in various merges,

I noticed some cyclic rule errors, and began troubleshooting like usual but noticed that I was receiving cyclic errors from plugins that are flagged as Ghost.

I'm hoping that a ghosted plugin is treated as if it doesn't exist, thus their temp rules wouldn't apply to the greater load order. Is this not the case and I'm simply using the new Ghosting feature incorrectly?

My solution is to wipe all of those rules that were used for the merging profiles, and/or move the ghosted plugins into a different subfolder... but I'd rather not for obvious reasons.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks! :smile:

Guest deleted34304850

afaik the only way i've found to prevent that issue is to completely uninstall the mod which removes its plugin.

however, my setup appears to be a lot simpler than yours so its probably a lot easier for me to uninstall a plugin and know it won't cause an issue. you could try that and see if it helps?

i'm with you - if a plugin is ghosted - it should not be referenced in any way - so the cycle warning is curious to me.

you may want to report that as feedback via vortex so it goes directly to the devs for their insight?

UPDATE:

I used this Vortex extension by mihaifm to temporarily solve the problem until Vortex officially provides one:

Broom - The Loose File Sweeper

I created a custom .broom file that hides any *.ghost file in my load order. Spectacular extension btw, totally worth checking out!

Guest deleted34304850

oh i saw that last night - i will pull that down and give it a go. thanks for the recommendation.

• Solution

I replied to this in the issue tracker:

This is the intended behavior. Vortex acts as a front-end to LOOT and LOOT explicitly supports and sorts ghosted plugins.

The purpose of ghosting plugins is (exclusively) to hide them from the game.

Hiding plugins from LOOT as well is a separate feature - not saying unreasonable but independent.