Looking for any opportunities as Prop/Environment Artist

Hey there! I've never created a mod for any game, but I'm hoping to gain some experience working with a team. I'm a 3D artist that's best at hard surface, specializing in environment pieces and props. I'm open to anything, whatever kind of mod I can help out with (although preferably something with multiple people). However, I don't have the creation engine since I have a Macbook. Hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Do you have 3DSMAX 2013?

If not, that might be a problem ...

Because you need that specific version of 3DSMAX to export the 3d objects in a format that this game can handle (NIF files).

The plugins that are needed for that only work with 3DSMAX 2013.

I don't know ...

I personally do all the "mesh stuff" in SketchUp, then import that into 3DSMAX, do the UV mapping there and then export it as a NIF.

I am sure you can export stuff from Maya and then import it into 3dsmax.

Yes, Fallout 4 is a bit harder to get into then something like Skyrim.

Also not having the game assets might be a problem (if you are planning to use vanilla textures and materials for your models)

Hey Andrew, if you are 18 or older you could apply to Fallout Miami, we are always looking for new artists.

https://www.falloutmiami.com/recruitment

There you have our community discord, in case you want to ask about the process.

https://discord.com/invite/DzdW7ya

On the other hand, Mac OSX has something called bootcamp, that let you install Windows alongside Mac OSX, therefore you can run Fallout 4 and Creation Kit on your laptop.

I thought I posted this already,...but if you are going the 3ds max route, I thought I posted this already, but check out kinggath's video tutorial Bethesda Mod School: 3ds Max 101 - Setup & Basic Collision

He walks you through the four pieces of software and the setup.

Edited by pepperman35