Looking for any opportunities as Prop/Environment Artist

@RoNin1971 I'm... not sure. I can directly import and export NIF with the plugin I'm using. Only material imports don't work and it can't even load them properly from BGSM.

He means that ck comes with a set of bs and hkt plugins. The bs_exporter auto-installer is located in the tools folder. Plugins have everything except imports. But plugins work exclusively from max 2013.

Yes.

What I mean is, a friend was helping me set up max and I remember downloading a plugin for NIFs that had an installer dialog and the oldest supported max version was 2015, so had to find an older version of the plugin that would work with the 2013 version. So I don't think I have the "official" one. Which seems to coincide with what you say, that the official plugin does not support NIF import?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty new to all this 3d stuff and I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Yes.

What I mean is, a friend was helping me set up max and I remember downloading a plugin for NIFs that had an installer dialog and the oldest supported max version was 2015, so had to find an older version of the plugin that would work with the 2013 version. So I don't think I have the "official" one. Which seems to coincide with what you say, that the official plugin does not support NIF import?

ÃÂ

ï\_(ã)_/ï

Pretty new to all this 3d stuff and I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Yes, this is the first time I have heard of someone installing custom plugins along with the official plugins. As far as I've heard before, either one or the other. I don't want to take risks in the dark. I do without imports myself, because I don't use vanilla meshes at all. It's more interesting for me to make my own meshes for the game. However, if I could import the animated nif into max, and see all the havok settings, annotations and animation sequences in max, I would be happy. It would be like first class teaching material.I also don't quite understand why hkt2014 is needed. hkt is already in the official plugins and allows you to work with bones right away, you just need a rig. Edited by South8028