Companion hair is messed up (no companion mods)

epitaph8

Hello everyone, I have this weird issue with companions hair clipping. Here's a list of my mods and the load order:

1. CWTO - Complete War Table Operations
2. Black Emporium Dlc Hair Mesh Visibility Fix V2
3. The Descent Dlc Hair Mesh Visibility Fix
4. Jaws of Hakkon Dlc Hair Mesh Visibility Fix
5. Trespasser Dlc Hair Mesh Visibility Fix
6. Collectable Map Pins (BETA)
7. th_Anto_Aviary_EF
8. More Banter
9. No Perk Requirements
10. Quicker Looting
11. Hair H and Hair Texture Slider in CC
12. Unlock Specializations
13. Radius_15
14. Skysims 257g - EF
15. Loose Braid for Female Elf
16. hot-fish's Long Ponytail for Female Elves
17. Ef pulled back twisted curls
18. ConversationCameraZoom for Frosty 30
19. Messy Bun (EF)
20. Velle_Hair
21. Female elf long hair

I also attached examples of the said clipping. Hope someone has an idea what could be causing this, the only conflicts I noticed in Frosty are "Hair H and texture sliders in CC" and "Unlock Specializations".

it's the skysims hair, it comes with it's own textures that replace the main hair textures that most NPCs in the game use, the straight_thick textures, and it causes those little bits of hair at the end.

if you want to continue using that hair, but you don't want those little extra tufts, what you could do is, to nullify the affect of those extra tufts on your companions hairs is you could install another hair retexture and let it override the elf female one, by loading it below the elf female skysims hair in your applied mods list, there are arrow buttons in the top ight corner of the mod manager you can use to place a hair retexture mod of your choice below the skysims hair.

now, whilst that will fix the appearance of your companions hair strands, doing that alone and nothing else will mean that your inquisitors hair strands may not look correct anymore.

so, to get the correct hair strand look on your inquisitor, whilst still avoiding affecting your companions hair strands, what you can do is install the qunari female version of the skysims hair alongside the elf female version.

this may sound odd, but, whilst the qunari female hairstyle 3d model edit/shape edit will not take affect on an elf female inquisitor, the hair textures can be used on your inquisitor using the hair texture slider mod you have installed in the black emporium. and i mention this because the qunari female version of the skysims hair, it replaces a different set of textures to the elf female version, it replaces the wavy_thick textures, which will not affect your companions, and whilst it is still one of the more commonly used hair textures in-game so still may affect some NPCs, for example Krem, it it used on a significantly lower amount of hairs and characters compared to the straight_thick textures.

so, if you load the mods in this order:

skysims elf female hair

hair retexture of your choice

skysims qunari female hair

you can avoid that affect on your companions hair strands.

Edited by Dmitrias