50 Acrobatics Sneak attack bug.

dreysuf

Once hitting 50 acrobatics I've been losing the ability to attack normally with melee while sneaking. As far as I've been able to read this issue has been around for a long time, UESP even makes a mention of it under the Acrobatics page.

Apparently I could still use power attacks, but I've been using Marksman/Destruction mostly so I don't have access to power attacks and no cannot make any melee attack at all from sneak, I understand I could just go pay for training but then I'd be stuck doing slower and more fatigue consuming power attacks for every hit (which as far as I can tell don't stack with sneak damage bonus).
Anyone know if there was ever a mod fix or anything for this issue or if I just need to live with it?

It's been hard to find anything on the issue at all outside of a few year old mentions on Reddit, one post here from '08 and a couple of gameFAQ posts. None of the spots where it is mentioned say if there was ever any fix found.

As for my game details, most current steam version and the only mods I am using are all of the Unofficial Oblivion Patches for the main game and DLC
I also managed to recreate the issue on my xbox 360 just to see if it was a mod conflict or not. Appears that its an issue with the game itself.

Cheers for any replies!