101 replies to this topic

deathknowz

deathknowz

Snapchat me, yo.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

"Delimiter character not found at position 493304."

Keep getting this with a particular save (actually, all the saves from that character) when trying to use it as an input file. Other saves seem to work, though. What is it looking for, and can I fix it?

From the readme:

Known Issues or Bugs
====================

The support for Fallout saves is still a bit flaky. If you get a delimiter error then try typing in ShowPlasticSurgeonMenu in the games
console, clicking the randomize button and saving the game.

scanti

scanti

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 25 posts

"Delimiter character not found at position 493304."

Keep getting this with a particular save (actually, all the saves from that character) when trying to use it as an input file. Other saves seem to work, though. What is it looking for, and can I fix it?

From the readme:

Known Issues or Bugs
====================

The support for Fallout saves is still a bit flaky. If you get a delimiter error then try typing in ShowPlasticSurgeonMenu in the games

If that doesn't work then can you compress the save file, upload it to the web using something like rapidshare and pm me the link. I'll try to find out what the offset of the facegen data is and add it to the program.

Circuitous

Circuitous

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

From the readme:

Known Issues or Bugs
====================

That sound you heard at 9:54pm EST was me slapping my forehead. I have two questions, though:

1. Which character do I do this on (the input or the output)?

2. If I do this on the input save, doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose? I want that face, not a random one.

If that doesn't work then can you compress the save file, upload it to the web using something like rapidshare and pm me the link. I'll try to find out what the offset of the facegen data is and add it to the program.

Will do.

Circuitous

Circuitous

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
Tried the randomization on both files (input and output) and it didn't make a spot of difference.

So, here are both saves, appropriately labeled and in convenient 7-zip format.

http://www.onehitcom...rdebug/Saves.7z

scanti

scanti

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 25 posts
I think I've found your problem. Your character's name is too short. It looks like you have called your character 'B'.

The way this program works is by getting the name of your character from the file's header and then searching the rest of the file for that name. As your character's name only has 1 character in it there are a lot of matches and the program doesn't know which one to use.

What you can try is loading your character into FO3, typing in ShowNameMenu in the game console and renaming your character to something else. (You can always change the name back to B after you have transferred the face). Then save the game and try that save.

polaris198

polaris198

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
I must say this is a excellent idea, but unfortunately for me it seems not to work when i transfer any file from oblivion into f3 it goes to the default face of that race...help?

Yangjesse

Yangjesse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
For some reason when I input my oblivion Imperial save file into my fallout save file, I got a blue skin model with a chunk of color blocking out the head.

Can anyone help me please?

agispsi

agispsi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Ok, I dont get it, does this convert Oblivion faces into FO3 faces? From the description thats what im thinking it does, but from the comments it sounds like it converts pictures into FO3 faces, but thats crazy, is that even possible? But ya clarification for the simple minded (me) please?

XunAmarox

XunAmarox

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Ok, I dont get it, does this convert Oblivion faces into FO3 faces? From the description thats what im thinking it does, but from the comments it sounds like it converts pictures into FO3 faces, but thats crazy, is that even possible? But ya clarification for the simple minded (me) please?

This program transfers a face to or from a facegen file and/or FO3/OB save games.

FaceGen is a program that can make a face from a picture, at which point you'd have a .fg file and then you could import that into a save.

Hope that answered your question...

Infirnis

Infirnis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Yeah, I'm starting to get problems with purple or chalk-white skin complexions on my characters too. Hopefully there will be an update for to fix this. in the mean time, does anyone know of a way to fix this? Using certain settings in FaceGen, perhaps?

Page loaded in: 0.754 seconds