Oh Boy... Questions as New Chappie...

To create lip files:

1. Copy the files from "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Tools\LipGen" to "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4"

2. Create a txt file in "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4". In the txt file, paste a line like this:

CreationKit32.exe -GenerateSingleLip:"Data\Sound\Voice\YouModName.esp\YourNPCsVoiceType\VoiceLineName_1.wav" "Voice line"
3. Change the file extension from TXT to BAT.

That's what the video from kinggath says, except that you forgot to say that you need to patch CreationKit32.exe in order to create lip files.

I use the vanilla CreationKit32.exe.

Yes, writing a line for each voice line is time consuming indeed..

Sometimes not every change is carried over by faceripper. Happens not often, but it still happens. At least with older versions of this tool.

I've never had this bug but I don't use Face Ripper very often..

Edited by LarannKiar

From my experience, if you do dozens, or even hundrets of npcs, the ck is still the better tool to create npcs.

Faceripper should really be for unique npcs, that are important, because they are companions, or important questgivers etc.

Also after every faceripper use, you should test your new npcs ingame. Sometimes not every change is carried over by faceripper. Happens not often, but it still happens. At least with older versions of this tool.

Edited by taryl80

I use the vanilla CreationKit32.exe.

Yes, writing a line for each voice line is time consuming indeed..

I don't get why anybody would get in to this nightmare when they can just patch the ck and let it generate all at once with a single command.

You might still be unable to generate them if you're using an esl file, but you can still rename and change the header to esp as is described in the pinned post of the ck32 patch page, that's for sure many times faster.

Well, unless you have only a small number of lines (less than 5 or so).

Sometimes not every change is carried over by faceripper. Happens not often, but it still happens. At least with older versions of this tool.

I've never had this bug but I don't use Face Ripper very often..

Yeah, the last time I had this bug was also back in 2016 or 17. Maybe it was fixed with one of the newer versions. I use faceripper not often enough to really know it. Still, making testruns between development is never wrong. Helps finding bugs before they become a problem.