Equipping one piece of armor unequips another piece in the set

diasdiem

I'm fairly new to using mods, and I've played around a lot with it lately, reading forums and figuring out how to solve the problems I've run into. But this latest problem I have been unable to find an answer to.

For certain sets of clothing/armor, where they have more than just the standard body/arms/legs/head slots, I've found that equipping one piece of the armor will cause the main body piece to unequip, and vice-versa. This is most noticeable in the sets from Brokefoot's UNP Mashup Compilation. For example, Leah's belt will unequip Leah's shirt, and vice versa.

I've also seen this happen in one of the other armor/clothing mods, I forget which, where bikinis composed of a separate top and bottom can't be equipped at the same time.

I've looked in NIFScope and all the problem pieces seem to be SBP_52_Pelvis_Secondary pieces and SBP_32_BODY pieces. I don't know if this is relevant or not.

I've only seen one person with this same problem in the mod's comments, but no one's replied to him. Any idea what might be causing this?

• 2 months later...

necro alert,,,,

These are the only mods im using and I have the exact same problem, did you or any one ever find a fix ?

I actually think it could be related to one of the top 2 mods, considering I dont have any armour or weapon addition mods.

100x carry weight

weapons and armour fixes

unofficial skyrim patch

sounds of skyrim - wild sounds

sky ui

stuttering 64hz fix

no menu loading smoke

double curser fix

conveinient horses

cinematic lighting enb

There are three locations to set which body slots a piece of armor will take up.

The NIF file

The ArmorAddon form

The Armor form

The NIF file is the most important as this entry will always be used.

The ArmorAddon form must include the same entry as the NIF file but can include extras.

The Armor form usually is the same as the ArmorAddon but can be different so long as it too has the same entry as the NIF file.

Let's say...

NIF file has slot for hand

ArmorAddon form has slots for hand and lower arm

Armor form has slots for hand and upper arm

When this object is equipped it will replace the hand, lower arm and upper arm.

All that said, what is most likely happening is that a mod has made a change but did not ensure that each form was set and working appropriately. Or the first mod did do it correctly and a second mod is overwriting some or all of the changes.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...