"Flat screen" for the institute terminals

YouDoNotKnowMyName

Good evening everybody!

I can't be the only one that is bothered with the convex screens at the institute terminals, right?

So, the institute with all of its advanced technology hasn't figured out a way to make a CRT screen with a flat viewing area?

Come on!

Just imagine working on a PC with a screen like that for hours or for even a whole day IRL ...

Yes, it might be fine if you are just doing text stuff, but imagine doing graphical work on a distorted screen like that.

I mean, I have no problems with circular viewing areas, I actually like them, but the convexity really bothers me ...

So, could somebody please give the the institute terminals flat round screens?

Thanks!

The meshes for the institute terminals would need to be edited.

Specifically the "screen" wich is a seperate part of the mesh.

I would do it myself, but I only know how to work with static meshes, and the terminals are activators / furniture, and I don't know how to work with those ...

And as far as I know, you can't import something with collsion into 3dsmax, and furniture and activators are pretty picky about the "type" of collision or they will not work ...

I took a quick look at this and don't believe it would be to hard. The collision is a static mesh and the animation appears to be texture based. I think one could edit the 4 screen pieces by orienting them vertically, then flatten the vertices, and rotate them back to there respective angle. Export out as a static and finish off the animation in nifskope.

I took a quick look at this and don't believe it would be to hard. The collision is a static mesh and the animation appears to be texture based. I think one could edit the 4 screen pieces by orienting them vertically, then flatten the vertices, and rotate them back to there respective angle. Export out as a static and finish off the animation in nifskope.

What?

What 4 screen pieces?

The screen is one piece ...

I am talking about the institute terminals:

These things:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/7/7c/FO4_Institute_Terminal.png/revision/latest?cb=20180126171548

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/4/4a/FO4_Institute_Wall_Terminal.png/revision/latest?cb=20180126171544

Well the four screen components are flat but I rotated them to the approximate angle of the convex ones. I take it be flat, you'd like them in a vertical position and not angled.

I am sure that they are flat.

It is fine that they are "at an angle" (that way it is easier to read the screen).

Maybe it has something to do with the UV mapping ...