Good evening everybody!

So, I am thinking about editing the meshes of the Institute terminals to make the screens flat (instead of convex).

How would I go about doing that?

I know that when importing a static mesh into 3dsmax 2013, it looses the collison, so that would have to be remade.

But how about furniture / activators like the terminals?

What would I have to do after adjusting the mesh (and the UV mapping for it)?

(I know how to edit the mesh and the uv map)

Is there any special stuff that needs to be done so that it keeps working like it should?

Materials are lost when importing to fbx. When importing into obj, the scale and xyz axes are lost. A collision is nonsense, a collision is done in 1 minute. I tried making a flat terminal, and even animated notebooks, but I couldn't get a screen. It seems to be there, the com line is blinking, but for some reason, when I sit down at the terminal, the screen animation does not work. Just looking at a black screen bar with no symbols. I have a lot of usual animated panels and notebooks with dds animation. They work. But you can't use them as terminals.

Materials are lost when importing to fbx. When importing into obj, the scale and xyz axes are lost. A collision is nonsense, a collision is done in 1 minute. I tried making a flat terminal, and even animated notebooks, but I couldn't get a screen. It seems to be there, the com line is blinking, but for some reason, when I sit down at the terminal, the screen animation does not work. Just looking at a black screen bar with no symbols. I have a lot of usual animated panels and notebooks with dds animation. They work. But you can't use them as terminals.

It is possible somehow, because there is this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45370?tab=description

It adds a custom laptop-style terminal to the game.

Custom mesh.

And it works.

To make the animations work, you need to name the nodes properly. And by properly, I mean EXACTLY as in a vanilla terminal.

Or it won't work.

Why? Because the game renders the Terminal to any visible Trishapes with a very specific node name.

To make the animations work, you need to name the nodes properly. And by properly, I mean EXACTLY as in a vanilla terminal.

Or it won't work.

Why? Because the game renders the Terminal to any visible Trishapes with a very specific node name.

Do I need to do that in the "scene explorer" in 3dsmax or can I do that after exporting? (in NifSkope)

What do I need to set the object type to when assigning the "rigid body" thing?

Usually I select "static" or "door".

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

I don't know about 3dsmax. Fighting with it myself, trying to recreate a collision for a mesh - most fruitlessly.

Static collision type is good for things that don't move. Don't forget to give a mass, 60kg perhaps.

But you can rename nodes very easily in nifskope.

I don't know about 3dsmax. Fighting with it myself, trying to recreate a collision for a mesh - most fruitlessly.

Static collision type is good for things that don't move. Don't forget to give a mass, 60kg perhaps.

Ok, I think I will just have to try and mess around myself ...

Â

In 2013, to make a collision - a minute of time. In this case, any characteristics are indicated ... Physics (movement, acceleration, bouncing) animation, material (overlays, sound). Mass matters only for an object with physics (how hard it is to kick, roll).

It is possible somehow, because there is this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45370?tab=description

Â

It adds a custom laptop-style terminal to the game.

Custom mesh.

And it works.

i had this mod. Everything is primitive there. An ordinary terminal, some of the meshes of which have been replaced with custom meshes. No flat screen. Just copy the screen from the vanilla terminal - get the same convex screen. But you, as far as I understand, need a flat one. It is not difficult to make simple animated furniture for the npc to sit at it and type. But I haven't seen a flat terminal yet.

@South8028 Would you be willing to recreate the collision on this NIF for me?

It's for the Concord Restoration Project.

Materials:

- Concrete for the foundation and slab in front of the main door.

- Glass for the windows (assuming that is not breakable, we don't want the glass to break)

- Wood for everything else

The NIF here:

https://mega.nz/file/Pyp20DoZ#I0H-iRgcFh669Y8-m681F-4vxSyjKfe9bb3ndKt1sCA

@YouDoNotKnowMyName I think you can get by without collision for your screen, no?