Moving objects in NIF Skope

Ok, i am extremely new to NifSkope. I am trying to transform the broom Nif file in NifSkope to have the same orientation as the baseball bat so it is usable in game as a weapon. I was able to move and orientate it correctly but when i try to generate the Havok convex shapes it generates it like the broom was in it's original orientation. Any help/tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you all!!

1q2w3e4r5t6y7u8i9o0p - Hello!

"I was able to move and orientate it correctly but when i try to generate the Havok convex shapes it generates it like the broom was in it's original orientation."

After you've finished moving the broom to it's new position, you have to update the .nif to be aware that's it's in a new location.

Right click on the model in Nifskope's Render window & select - Transform - Apply.

You'll note that if you go to Transform - Edit that your adjusted positions are all zeroed meaning this is the objects recognised position.

Now when you create a new Havok shape it will appear around the broom in it's new position.

For static items that Transform - Apply is not a big deal but for animated items it's important for it to be done or else models will jump to their old locations when being animated.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

It's actually a quirk of the game engine. NIF files contain translation data for objects that offset their position, but the game completely ignores it. Hitting "Transform->Apply" updates the center position of the object to the translated position and zeros-out the translation.