How to import nifs into 3dsmax with the uvmap?

Good evening everybody!

Â

Is there anyway to import a NIF into 3dsmax 2013 with the correct UV mapping?

Â

Because I just tried to import something (a terminal) into 3dsmax and the UV mapping I completley messed up.

When exporting to obj, in outfit studio, the uv map is saved. But the scale is lost and the object changes the xyz axes. nif with many meshes, you can export mesh by mesh to obj, reassemble in 3D max, scale and align by xyz, reassign material, re-create collision, animate. If necessary, I can throw off the ready-made nifs of monitors, laptops, and a keyboard. They are really all futuristic, or modern. Not vanilla at all.

Isn't there a way to directly import into 3ds?

When I go to "import" I can select NIF files and they do get imported.

But like I said, the UV is messed up ...

I really don't want to try and re-assemble everything, I just want to edit one part of a mesh.

(The screen of the institute terminals, it is a seperate part from the rest of the mesh)

Isn't there a way to directly import into 3ds?

Â

When I go to "import" I can select NIF files and they do get imported.

But like I said, the UV is messed up ...

Â

I really don't want to try and re-assemble everything, I just want to edit one part of a mesh.

(The screen of the institute terminals, it is a seperate part from the rest of the mesh)

I have no. I have max 2013 with official plugins. I can export my meshes to nif, but I can only import vanilla meshes to max in obj or fbx. fbx loses uv, obj loses coordinates and scale.

Good evening everybody!

Because I just tried to import something (a terminal) into 3dsmax and the UV mapping I completley messed up.

I have never had had a problem importing nifs and UV. Which specific terminal nif are you looking at that seems problematic?

Good evening everybody!

I have never had had a problem importing nifs and UV. Which specific terminal nif are you looking at that seems problematic?

Meshes/Furniture/Terminals/TerminalOnInstitute.nif

Good evening everybody!

Â

Â

I have never had had a problem importing nifs and UV. Which specific terminal nif are you looking at that seems problematic?
and how do you import nif into 3d max?

Okay, I took that nif (TerminalOnInstitute.nif) imported it in, assigned textures to it, exported it out, and checked the uv mapping. The exported version appears to be uv mapped just like the original nif.

But it doesn't appear correctly inside of 3dsmax!