premium - what you really would pay for

Kentarion

I see another potential feature of collections there..... install a collection from a local source......

Now that would actually be useful.

Still not enough to justify what's been done, but since we're stuck with that, having something that's actually useful would be... well... useful.

I see another potential feature of collections there..... install a collection from a local source......

Probably. It would be pretty foolish of them not to design the system so it can check if it already has a local copy of the file before downloading it. The information is file specific, so that would be quite easy to do.

With that, someone who has local copies could just dump them in the download folder of their mod manager and skip the downloading process. A sensible idea to add to your feedback if it isn't already in place.

Probably. It would be pretty foolish of them not to design the system so it can check if it already has a local copy of the file before downloading it. The information is file specific, so that would be quite easy to do.

With that, someone who has local copies could just dump them in the download folder of their mod manager and skip the downloading process. A sensible idea to add to your feedback if it isn't already in place.

No one has solicited my feedback on the collections system.... at least, not recently. :)

Having the tool simply able to create the file necessary to restore mods from an archive location on the local machine would be great. :) I have almost every mod I have ever download on my NAS. (yeah, they go back quite a ways.) So, dumping the reinstall information into that folder as well, and having a 'one-click reinstall' would be incredibly useful. :D

If you download the mods with a mod manager they go in the download folder of the mod manager.
You can also download mods with your browser, and select SAVE AS and browse to your mod manager's download folder and save the mods there.

Why do people insist on downloading, then dragging the mod to their download folder when they can do it in one step?

Also, in Vortex, go to SAVE GAMES tab, click on RESTORE SAVE GAME PLUGINS.

I'm not worried about space on my Comp, I have a C:\, D:\, E:\, F:\, and I:\ drives, each 1 terabyte, plus two external 1 tb drives

Why do people insist on downloading, then dragging the mod to their download folder when they can do it in one step?

Well, for me I'm copying the mod from the download folder to a backup folder on my 6TB external hard drive, so that if something happens to my primary gaming drive I have backups.

With the new system of keeping file version saved on the nexus I think a pretty cool premium feature could be:

"Press this button to save your settings and modlist as a private collection linked to your nexus account"

Followed by an easy:

"Press this to load your settings and modlist from your nexus storage and install them"

That way you could at any point, while premium is active, maintain the ability to install and mod your game just the way you like it online from your nexus account on vortex.

Could even have the feature of saving the "private mods/settings file" locally on your PC so a person doesn't need to feel forced to be perma subbed.