How to install Skyrim NPC editor...

Draconis999

Hi people, I downloaded it using NMM, installed it, clicked the exe. and the first screen I get is one that looks like NMM, titled "Plugin Settings"...

There doesn't seem to be any options for "editing"... It's probably something simple, but what am I doing wrong?

Appologies if this is in the wrong section, too.

From what I've been told, this tool was made for a really old version of skyrim and if used on the current version has horrible side effects. I could be mistaking it for a very similar mod, or it's possible it was updated recently, but I would double check before installing and using it either way!!

It is a shame, as it's an awesome tool. I would love to use it to make some Khajiits more nice looking, as whoever made them on bethesda team really didn't know much about making 'animal-people' look attractive. XP

And pretty much any thing having to do with a mod or tool not working, or not installing right belongs in this forum. Basically, if you can't figure it out, it belongs in this forum!

That tool is very old... does it still work? I read the posts on the mod page and it's full of people with "not working this and that" ... it does nto work well with custom races and custom body replacers.

Anyway you need to select the plugins you wanna use in the NPC editor (to load) and then just click apply, that will bring you to the screenshot of "how it's suppose to look like"

I would however suggest just to use CK for this, as you can make 1 plugin to affect any number of NPC's to your desire... (instead of 1 plugin per edited NPC) when done with CK editing you need to clean your plugin using tes5edit to remove the ITM records and you're good to go.

It 'works' but will create plugins that cannot be properly read in TES5Edit, and come with a host of bugs if you try to utilize some of its more extended functionalities, like generating duplicate hair entries when you use it to assign custom mod hair to an NPC. My opinion is that it should not be used. Instead, as Prod says, people should learn how to create and edit NPCs -properly- using the Creation Kit.

Edited by ripple

It does not create plugins that work with the CK or TES5Edit because the author based it off of old TESVSnip source code that creates corrupt plugins. Once you make the plugin since you have all the files needed to create the NPC and if you really know everything there is to know about how plugins work it's possible to fix the plugin. However, you would have to go through hell to do it. I have only gotten close to fixing one, I was never able to completely fix all the issues and make a reliable plugin.