I've created a mod which adds an npc to Fallout 4.

Fallout4.esm and all the dlc's are master files.

And I have added a hair mod and a clothing mod which

are listed as Plugin File(s).

And the mod itself is set as Active File.

I could give the npc's the modded clothes and hairstyles

from the mods through the Creation Kit, but in game,

they do not have the hair or clothing.

Help would be great thanks.

I think if you reopen your mod in CK, you'll find that the hair and clothes are now gone from CK as well.

This is because normally, Creation Kit strips any plugins that are not ESL or ESM from any new plugin you create, when you save the new plugin.

To stop this nasty behavior, install CK Fixes mod.

I think if you reopen your mod in CK, you'll find that the hair and clothes are now gone from CK as well.

This is because normally, Creation Kit strips any plugins that are not ESL or ESM from any new plugin you create, when you save the new plugin.

To stop this nasty behavior, install CK Fixes mod.

Hi I installed the CK fixes mod and tried it all again.

It works for the most part. The npc has it's different hair from the hair mod, but it doesn't have the modded clothes.

They will probably have them in their inventory.

If you were to start a new game (or otherwise encountered the NPC for the first time), they would actually wear the clothes.

Don't you have to create an outfit record for them to get them to wear things?

They will probably have them in their inventory.

If you were to start a new game (or otherwise encountered the NPC for the first time), they would actually wear the clothes.

Don't you have to create an outfit record for them to get them to wear things?

If I remember correctly, you have to, otherwise they won't actually wear it. (I mostly use the vanilla Default Outfits though):

Edited by LarannKiar

Yes.

But I remember with that Magnolia dress mod which I made HHS Heels for, it was supposed to have Magnolia wear the dress.

However, that only works if you install the mod before you visit her the first time. Otherwise, she will just have the dress in her inventory and you have to equip it on her manually.

I suppose a cleverly made script could solve the problem, but I wasn't intrigued enough by the problem to make one.

You may have hit a creationengine defect where an actor will revert to its default outfit when items are added to its inventory. If so, the workarounds are:

(a) if your giving them clothing/armor then make it into an outfit and call scriptfunction actor.SetOutfit(), or;

(b) put the stuff in a container and script container.RemoveAllIItems(akTransferTo = actor) which seems to head-fake the outfit defect.