About the changes and mods getting deleting

Dashielover9
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

I know this be a strange question to ask but about all of these changes and with mods getting deleting, i am worrying because on vortex i have so many mods downloaded and i was going to enable each one at a time to enjoy them each and all of them over time, but with Nexus and vortex doing this update thing on Tuesday and with people getting rid of some mods i may or may not have downloaded, when they delete them from the site does that mean whenever i get onto vortex and check my mods, they will be not there anymore or is it just for the site?

Guest deleted34304850

just whatever you do - DO NOT DELETE YOUR MOD ARCHIVES,

if you find your disk filling up and space running out - buy an external drive and store the ARCHIVES on that.

if you delete your mod archives and the mods are deleted off this website then you will have a tough time to track them down again.

remember - DO NOT DELETE YOUR MOD ARCHIVES.

When BBLS was pulled with the rest of my mods, some users came to my discord and told me it was removed from their Vortex archives so they couldn't re-install it. They were trying to figure out how to get it. I don't use Vortex myself so I can't say exactly what happened.

When BBLS was pulled with the rest of my mods, some users came to my discord and told me it was removed from their Vortex archives so they couldn't re-install it. They were trying to figure out how to get it. I don't use Vortex myself so I can't say exactly what happened.

If it's in their Vortex DOWNLOAD folder it's there until that person who downloaded it, Deletes it.

And a LOT of people when they click on REMOVE on a mod, also accidentally select DELETE ARCHIVE.

Literally impossible.

Guest deleted34304850

thats because those users are idiots who purposely selected the option to delete the archives.

guess what happens when you select the option to delete archives?

• 2 weeks later...

Some mod authors have moved their mods to loverslab. There's also curseforge that seems to be a popular alternative. You can download the files there and install them through Vortex. The downside is that you won't be able to have vortex check for updates for you. You'll have to check manually for each mod like in the old days.