WIP, test of concept; Giant Race - Legit Playable Giants

ArtMurder

Playable Giants  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What Features would you like to see as a Playable Giant?

• Custom Start; Start in the Tundra with a couple Giant buddies
    • Giant, Mammoth, and Saber Cat followers/pets.
    • Customizable skin/hair/eyes
    • Ability to equip any normal sized armor/weapon you find
    • Crafting your own, Giant specific armors/weapons
    • Frostfall Plugin that lets you build giant fires, tents, mammoth cheese sacks, and giant armor
    • Nature based giant "shouts" that let you control animals, the weather, and more.
    • Play as a nice giant and live in a group, or play as a rouge giant and be hunted!
    • Female Giants
    • The ability to turn into a man sized version of yourself for convenience.

I do NOT mean just big nords. The ultimate goal of this project will be be to add a custom giant race to the game, using the vanilla giants as a base. I am not the best modder, so I really need support and help with this, but I believe this project is within my capabilities, I made around 4 or 5 race mods for oblivion, and this can't be much harder. I remember a project back then that let you play as a goblin in oblivion, and I was the first person to test a beta of that mod for the creator, and thinking back on it has inspired me to do something similar for Skyrim! ^_^

Planned features;

Custom Start; Giants should start in a place that makes sense for giants!

Customization; While the race may end up being male only,(skyrims fault not mine) you will hopefully be able to change your giants hair, eyes, and skin as well as colors of all the aforementioned.

Full armor compatibility. Not sure how well I can get this to work, but I want giants to be able to equip any kind of armor! If I can't, then I will add in as many giant specific armors as I can.

Interact and talk with Giants, heard and command mammoths! Because what fun would being a giant be if you can't command a herd of mammoths to attack dawnstar? If I can find a voice actor, I would love to give the giants voices as well!

I would also like to design a plugin for frostfall that allows you to build giant fires, mammoth cheese sacks, giant tents, and more! Should also be fully compatible with RND!

Disguise your self as a man; What if I told you Giants actually had the ability to turn into regular sizes men, in the same manner men can turn into werewolves and the like? Not the most lore friendly, but being 20 feet tall makes exploring dungeons and doing quests neigh impossible...

Giant shouts; Not actually the Dragon Tongue, but powerful ancient words known by the dragon, which can command animals, the weather, and even nature itself!

have pet Saber Cats, Collect your Mammoth heard through interact with other giants, be a lone giant he attacks other giant camps and human settlements, or be a social kind giant! If you are an aggressive giant that attacks town, they will send hunting parties after you!

If you have any ideas, or just like the sound of the project in general, please post and discuss with me! ^_^ I have some big plans for this, and none of it should be to hard with a little help, so if you like the idea at all, even giving me some pointers and links as to how to do things on this list will help tremendously!

I think most people would agree that the ability to equip vanilla gear is essential, especially weapons.

I also picked female giants, because their absence has always been an immersion breaker, and it would be even worse as a playable race without a female option.

Edited by Rennn

I think most people would agree that the ability to equip vanilla gear is essential, especially weapons.

I also picked female giants, because their absence has always been an immersion breaker, and it would be even worse as a playable race without a female option.

Yeah, I just had a mental image of a giant wearing a dwarven helmet and it made me hesitate XD Do you know if it would be easy to make a certain race equip a 2 handed weapon as a one handed weapon?

And I agree on the female giants, but I'm not sure how I would even do that... maybe just remove the beard, thicken the hair, and add on some boobies? I don't imagine giants having too large of breasts, compared to their size at least. xD

I got my Oculus Rift in today, so development on this WIP won't start for probably another week XD I'd like to get a good grasp on what I'm going to be doing first anyways, so vote, vote vote! O<