How to install a Mod?

qupp422G09

Hello.

Just few days ago i got The Witcher game (The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut - v1.5.0.1304 ,from gog.com).

I see that mod authors says to install mods in "TheWitcher/data/override"/"same path where launcher.exe is located"

Now,i don't have "override" folder inside "Data" folder nor anywhere else,and my launcher.exe is located in the main installation directory not in "override" folder,so I'm confused here.

Edited by qupp422G09

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Windows 7, and I can't seem to get the bloody thing to let me add files. It's silly. I can't even open the file location as Administrator. And even AS administrator, I can't get it to change from "Read Only" to something I can edit.

Edited by Werekitty39501

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem with windows 7 at one point this will help allot with this game and other games that is not mod friendly.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

it's a simple tool that adds and extra option to windows with right click. You can take ownership of (almost) any file. Works with Vista windows 7 and windows 8. :laugh:

Edited by pest1l3nce