Before I explain the mod I want, let me ask my fellow Fallout 4 players the question: Have you ever found items duplicated throughout the Commonwealth? A good couple of examples can be found by using certain mods, but I must point out that this is the game engine doing it.

One of the earliest builds of a rebuilt Starlight Drive-in featured a safe in the walkway behind the screen, specifically a copy of the safe at the coast guard station. The Goodneighbor player home mod Goodneighbor Digs which makes Bobbi's place into an interior player home you "inherit" after The Big Dig loads up Bobbi's safe with added stuff and the deed while also putting some produce in her fridge. These, too, get copied a fair bit.

What's going on here is that the game engine will seize on "common" objects for filling in the rest of the Commonwealth, including objects introduced by mods, the same principle utilized by art/billboard/magazine cover replacers. A most reliable example was found by me when I thought to honor 420 and the Liberate the Commonwealth fun by trying out the Mary Jane Pip-boy mod. This doesn't add a "bud" themed pip-boy but makes it the default... That default is the model all other vanilla pip-boys use, Vault 81 in particular.

It's no secret that many players customize their pip-boy, change it up. Different model, different colors... What I want is a mod that reads the user's pip options, the player's pip-boy list as it were, and assigns a random set. It is my hope that that would cause the game to generate random color choices for everyone else. Besides, much as I adore the Mary Jane Pip, I have to bogart it from flipping Austin Engil, don't I?