premium service, but lack of customer service help

Deleted3146134User

so a very popular mod author here just blocked me from accessing his content because apparently of a "feud." a user commented about if he had to disable the official hd dlc texture pack. i helped him by telling him no, you shouldn't since these textures are ba2's. the official pack is loaded first at the top, and the ba2's are loaded afterwards. but if you want to make sure, you can create dummy esp's to ensure the mod's texture packs are loaded after the official dlc hd texture pack.

long story short, the mod author responded back yelling profanity and saying i didn't know anything and that you have to remove the official dlc pack because his textures replace the vanilla ones. i responded back saying that's not true. as long as your textures are loaded after the official dlc textures. as his mod pack didn't provide alternatives like body, face, weapons, etc. so removing the offical dlc pack removed a lot of updated textures you know?

anyways he just up and banned me from accessing any of his pages. but what i don't get is that nexus told me apparently i cannot contact support about this. as someone who pays for premium, i find it kinda silly that an author can just flat-out ban anyone for any reason but as a premium subscriber i don't get any extra customer service help. what's the point in paying premium if you don't get extra customer service support for issues like above.

look i understand its right, but when "feuds" like this happen and overall authors can just ban you willingly for any reason, its really silly that's all. i wouldn't care if i wasn't paying money.

That's not one of the benefits of going Premium. Mod Authors have the ability to ban people and site administrators do not interfere.

Contradicting a Mod Author about their own mod is generally not a great idea.

well its just silly then as the only perk of premium is what? increased bandwidth for downloading mods? mods you can't download if you just get banned for any reason and zero support? its just silly. again, i wouldn't care if i wasn't paying money. but i am and i have paid a fair amount over the years. i didn't expect for this escalation for the first time because i was just trying to help. at least i thought i was trying to help. it really leaves a sour taste in ones back of the throat when you pay money for this.

are there time limits with these bans? or am i always at his mercy? what's the point in continuing to pay if i can never download some of my favorite mods again you know?

No, paying to bypass the rules would be silly.

how is customer support paying to bypass the rules? i have no one to talk to about an issue that happened. even though i help pay to fund this site because apparently, that's against the rules. asking for help about an issue that happened. that's silly.

Honestly, I would recommend just not making comments on mod pages unless you need help with something.
Mod authors can't ban you without you having a comment on their modpage, so it protects you too from having something like this happen.
Plus, you probably shouldn't provide support for someone else's mod, even if you feel you are being helpful, especially not on this site where Nexus doesn't really interfere with how authors decide to hand out bans.

Last but not least ... when you buy premium ... does it not give you a list of benefits? It doesn't provide you a way around how things work here.

Keep in mind, I don't agree with how Nexus does things in this regard and believe it's a huge reason why mod authors are looked down on so much these days, but that is how it works, and doubt it will change anytime soon.

how is customer support paying to bypass the rules? i have no one to talk to about an issue that happened. even though i help pay to fund this site because apparently, that's against the rules. asking for help about an issue that happened. that's silly.

You can certainly ask for support from the site moderators. I can even paraphrase their answer (which I believe is also in the site FAQ): Apologize to the mod author, promise not to do it again, ask to be allowed back onto the page.

Otherwise, it's like you were told to stay out of someone's apartment and you're complaining to the Super to try to get them to override the tenants decision. Doesn't matter how much you pay in rent, that's not their decision to make.

Hopefully an actual staff member will help you out, but seeing as they're located in the UK, and other staffers are in Europe, it'll probably be sometime tomorrow morning when they see this thread.

Honestly, I would recommend just not making comments on mod pages unless you need help with something.

Mod authors can't ban you without you having a comment on their modpage, so it protects you too from having something like this happen.

Plus, you probably shouldn't provide support for someone else's mod, even if you feel you are being helpful, especially not on this site where Nexus doesn't really interfere with how authors decide to hand out bans.

Last but not least ... when you buy premium ... does it not give you a list of benefits? It doesn't provide you a way around how things work here.

Keep in mind, I don't agree with how Nexus does things in this regard and believe it's a huge reason why mod authors are looked down on so much these days, but that is how it works, and doubt it will change anytime soon.

unfortunately that's al that's taught me is to just stay silent and not try to help. overall, yeah i'm super bummed about it because it was one of my favorite texture mods over the years. which i have paid to fund this site for being able to download stuff like his texture packs. since this is the suggestion forum, a suggestion i have is to why not just silence me from being able to comment in his comment page then? why a flat-out ban? but that would be a question i would ask customer service if i had the ability to but since i was told, by nexus when i got banned, i cannot ask them for any support about it.

overall though as of now i don't think i'm going to resub. that was one of the biggest mods i loved and lack of any support about the matter just sucks.

I don't believe the mod author has the ability to block you from their comments since they are forum based. They'd have to ask a site moderator to do that, I think. They can only block you from their pages or PMs.

There's a support email address in the "contact us" section. You could email a specific question to that address if you want.