Anyone know how to edit esp files without Xedit?

VermillionStar

The point is that I am editing a mod but I spend little time at home (Only weekends), so I wanted to know if there is any program that allows editing .esp without Fallout 4 installed.

I want to take advantage of some free time that I have in the office, but obviously I am not going to install a game at work. The idea is to use the boring moments to advance my editing.

I think he's referring to the issue where FO4Edit will only load files that are in your load order. I think it also checks the system registry to find the path to the game. FO4Edit is seriously crippled in some ways to make it "safer" for the novice user, but unfortunately doesn't allow you to turn off the safety features when you need to.

@VermillionStar: there are older versions of xEdit that will let you open and edit any arbitrary ESP file in any folder. You'll just have to hunt around until you find one old enough to work. Start at the GitHub page.

I think he's referring to the issue where FO4Edit will only load files that are in your load order. I think it also checks the system registry to find the path to the game. FO4Edit is seriously crippled in some ways to make it "safer" for the novice user, but unfortunately doesn't allow you to turn off the safety features when you need to.

@VermillionStar: there are older versions of xEdit that will let you open and edit any arbitrary ESP file in any folder. You'll just have to hunt around until you find one old enough to work. Start at the GitHub page.

Thanks, I'll try to find one.