Flat-chested Female Argonians, magnetic mesh

padmaus

im totally lost when it comes to 3d stuff, but im pretty good in photoshop. id like to take a crack at getting rid of those boob shadows, but i wouldnt know where to begin. which is the right texture file, and can i even open that kind of file extension with ps?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need BSAopt to get the textures, unless someone extracts them for you. I actually have the textures extracted already, if you want me to email them to you.

The folder structure is textures/actors/character/argonianfemale.

There are 3 types of textures.

argonianfemalebody.dds ---> It's called a diffuse map. The basic texture that you see in game.

argonianfemalebody_msn.dds ---> It's called a normal map. This texture controls how simple lighting acts on the diffuse map.

argonianfemalebody_s.dds ---> It's called a specular map. It controls how shiny the diffuse map is, and also controls how the shine effects behave.

Every texture in Skyrim uses the same basic naming conventions, with _msn after a normal map and _s after a specular map.

Really, it's most important to edit the diffuse map, which is the regular texture. (argonianfemalebody.dds without a suffix)

The only time you'd need to edit the normal map or the specular map for something simple like this is if you edit the diffuse map and it still doesn't have the effect you want.

I really do wish I could help you more with this, since I'd like to see breastless argonians as well. I didn't think about how big of an immersion breaker it is until I remembered Morrowind. I'm working on my own mod right now though, and that's taking all my time and organizational skills. I can barely stay focused on one mod without forgetting what files I need and what my goal is. Two mods at once would be way too stressful, especially as I'd need to learn to mesh better to even begin.

I'll take a look in the CK and see how difficult it would be to make argonian females use a different mesh.

Edited by Rennn

Actually, it doesn't seem that difficult to stick in a flat mesh for the female argonians.

The problem is, the CK seems to have the Khajiit and Argonian meshes linked together. If one was changed, the other might be changed as well. A new skin would need to be created, effectively separating khajiit from argonians before the work could even begin... Ugh.

it might be doable, it really might.

I could attempt it, but first I'd need a workable mesh. I'll keep poking around.

Edited by Rennn

Success, I've found a pretty easy way to create a new skin and give any model I want to either sex of argonian. I switched the male argonian mesh to the human female mesh, lol. That was just to test it, of course. I didn't save that.

Now the obvious problem is that the meshes we need don't exist. I don't think anyone has made a total flat breast conversion for all the clothing and armor, or even the argonian body itself. If those meshes existed, the textures would be easy enough and I could make a WIP flat female argonian body. There's most likely nothing like that on the Nexus, because it would be classified as a pedophile mod unless it was meant for argonians, and if it was meant for argonians, then we wouldn't be on this thread. :(

So, although the idea could work, without a complete mesh conversion for a flat chest, it won't be possible.

Here's a test image to prove that the mesh change can work. I used random sexes and random races, but it's just to prove that the idea works, not to make anything actually useful.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/2972511-1373527600.jpg

And with the assurance to other modders that it can be done, I'm going to give up trying. As I said, I have another mod to work on.

Edited by Rennn

You'll need BSAopt to get the textures, unless someone extracts them for you. I actually have the textures extracted already, if you want me to email them to you.

The folder structure is textures/actors/character/argonianfemale.

There are 3 types of textures.

argonianfemalebody.dds ---> It's called a diffuse map. The basic texture that you see in game.

argonianfemalebody_msn.dds ---> It's called a normal map. This texture controls how simple lighting acts on the diffuse map.

argonianfemalebody_s.dds ---> It's called a specular map. It controls how shiny the diffuse map is, and also controls how the shine effects behave.

Every texture in Skyrim uses the same basic naming conventions, with _msn after a normal map and _s after a specular map.

Really, it's most important to edit the diffuse map, which is the regular texture. (argonianfemalebody.dds without a suffix)

The only time you'd need to edit the normal map or the specular map for something simple like this is if you edit the diffuse map and it still doesn't have the effect you want.

I really do wish I could help you more with this, since I'd like to see breastless argonians as well. I didn't think about how big of an immersion breaker it is until I remembered Morrowind. I'm working on my own mod right now though, and that's taking all my time and organizational skills. I can barely stay focused on one mod without forgetting what files I need and what my goal is. Two mods at once would be way too stressful, especially as I'd need to learn to mesh better to even begin.

I'll take a look in the CK and see how difficult it would be to make argonian females use a different mesh.

OH NO! that is strange... why would their body meshes be linked? why, bethesda! ><#;; modding seems to be figuring out one weird and uneccessarily complicated problem after another, you can really begin to see how disorderly the construction of the game is...

i edited the texture to hopefully better suit Insanitymans flattened body mesh// i wish i had read your post before i went and changed all of them... changing the normal map to look flat was a headache, and mine probably looks crappy, but hopefully like you said it wont even be necessary. changing the diffuse map however took about one minute... super easy!

Success, I've found a pretty easy way to create a new skin and give any model I want to the female argonians. I switched the male argonian mesh to the human female mesh, lol. That was just to test it, of course. I didn't save that.

Now the obvious problem is that the meshes we need don't exist. I don't think anyone has made a total flat breast conversion for all the clothing and armor, or even the argonian body itself. If those meshes existed, the textures would be easy enough and I could make a WIP flat female argonian body. There's most likely nothing like that on the Nexus, because it would be classified as a pedophile mod unless it was meant for argonians, and if it was meant for argonians, then we wouldn't be on this thread. :(

So, although the idea could work, without a complete mesh conversion for a flat chest, it won't be possible.

This has to be the simple part. You can use Caliente's BodySlide to make a flat chested preset and then batch build most of the outfits.

Success, I've found a pretty easy way to create a new skin and give any model I want to the female argonians. I switched the male argonian mesh to the human female mesh, lol. That was just to test it, of course. I didn't save that.

This has to be the simple part. You can use Caliente's BodySlide to make a flat chested preset and then batch build most of the outfits.

The nipples might need to be removed as well, hmm... That could work though. Nipples can be made almost invisible with the right texture work.

So far:

Someone could probably make female argonians use a different mesh from everything else in the CK. Most likely. I never make promises, because then when it doesn't work out there has already been a warning.

Caliente made a bodyslide tool that can be used to make flat chested meshes.

Breast shadows and nipples can be removed from textures in many editing programs.

Meh. I just wanted to work on my Forsworn mod and take a break from the hard stuff. I finished making 5 different versions of Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD about a week ago. Like I said, I'm leaving this to someone else, now that we know it's possible.

Edited by Rennn