Unsure Of whats causing glitch

zombibabyy

Hi So I started a new game and couldnt get out of the cyropod no matter what i typed in or what. It loads as if shes sideways where theres glowing orbs and tentacle like things, but I have no idea how to get past it has no prompts for me and no matter what key i press im stuck while she shivers and annoys me to death. I tried to use a alternate start mod to see if i could skip the cyropod scene but no dice. I saw the husband get shot and the baby get taken but then boom its like tentacle like and glowing??? Can someone please help me im at a loss i have no idea what to do- i uninstalled all the mods and tried again etc no dice

pic attached is what i see now after trying to fiddle with it

Edited by zombibabyy

Assuming you have modded your game, there is a conflict in your load order. There are a plethora of sources put there with suggested load orders and how to mod.

Try this one

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2242115007

or

https://themidnightride.github.io/index.html

These have suggested mods and specific load orders

You can also find "packages being distributed ( I forget the name now) of Mods that play well together). I also believe that Nexus will be introducing packages of mods that play well together.

With respect to your specific issue, LarannKiar is correct, something is messing with the game cell. You need to learn how to use x-Edt.

Good luck.

111 is finicky. A lot of seemingly unrelated mods can mess with it. Your best bet is to NOT enable, well, almost all of your mods until you've exited 111 for the first time.

You can load body mods and textures. Whatever you use to customize your character is fine, because it only affects you. Don't load anything which alters the vault suit, Kellogg or his armor, or the wedding ring. Most of those are probably safe, but if you can't get out of the pod then turn them off and restart.

Anything that affects build borders or limits should not be loaded because they affect Sanctuary and that affects 111. This usually just screws up the elevator, but you do actually want to use that eventually :)

Things that change any other vault or vanilla vault pieces can cause problems. There is at least one mod out there that changes the cryopod so that it can be used as a relaxation point or as a guard post. While these are probably copies of the original and therefore, in theory, shouldn't screw up the vanilla pod it's best not to take chances. Any other mod that alters a vault should not be loaded until after you exit the vault, just to be safe.

My own Vault Empire series is safe, but that's because I try hard not to do anything that screws up vanilla quests. After all the testing I've done you'd be amazed how fast I can clear a vanilla vault lol Even then I recommend not using the Vault 111 mod until after you exit the vault for the first time, just to be sure.

If you are using ANY alternate start mods like Start Me Up you definitely don't want any 111 mods loaded until after you've completed the starting scenarios.

So, safest start: disable all mods except body/skin/hair customizations. Start new game, complete 111, exit to the surface. Save your game (might want to make a named save here), then enable the rest of your mods.

Oh, and "tentacle like things" is a mesh problem. Something is getting smeared all over the place. I've encountered this mostly with physics enabled bodies, clothes or hair. Try using the vanilla character starting build, see if that fixes it. You can always use the console to change your appearance later.