Uninstalled some follower mods, now PRIDs shifted and mod scripts not loading

JoeSchmoe6002

Vortex v.1.4.15

Skyrim LE

254 active mods, 224 enabled plugins

Windows 10 x64

So I had a problem a few weeks ago where I had too many mods/plugins installed, so I've been trimming some mods, including follower mods I don't usually use.

While checking which ones I wanted to uninstall, so using AreYouThere to see prids of various follower mods, I was using prid console commands to check which followers were which using a copy character appearance command that's included in GreenTea, IE I'd target them with the PRID command and copy the appearance to see who the follower was.

I was uninstalling them in stages, but at some point after one of the sets of uninstalls suddenly my PRID commands were no longer working. Was getting a message similar to:

"Invalid object reference 'xxxxxxxx' for parameter ObjectReferenceID.

Compiled script not saved!"

Wasn't sure entirely what to do, so just started using AreYouThere's manual "bring to me" option to finish this uninstalling process on my other unwanted followers.

I then noticed two things:

1. All of my PRIDs had shifted down 1, for example if the PRID was 150AD453 or whatever, it'd become 150AD454. If it was 150AD45A, it'd become 150AD45B. I could still bring people with me with AreYouThere's menu option, and I could still target them without bringing them to me if I typed in "prid (their value)+1", but the original PRID numbers weren't working when I tried to use them in console commands.

2. At least some, if not all, of my Alternate Start mods are no longer working. I'll pick the start that I want and when I go to sleep in the bed to begin, no transition occurs and after the blackout my character is still in the same location, but the alternate start statue is gone. When I manually trigger some mods to begin, they work, but if it's a mod that then transitions me into another mod, then my game crashes when it attempts that transition.

Essentially I think that the reference numbers for all of my stuff is skewed and I'm not sure how to revert it.

Any advice or is my guess totally incorrect?

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has nothing to do with Vortex, but this is "Using Mods 101"

You can't just install/uninstall mods and expect to load a savegame, because what happens is EXACTLY what you described.

The only way to "fix" this is to start a new game, and don't add or remove mods from the new game

THe other terrible side effect is, even if you can load the game, all of those Orphaned scripts will bloat your savegame, and start increasing load times when you transition indoors to outdoors etc, where you'll either start CTDing, or it can take 5 minutes or more to load

You can't just install/uninstall mods and expect to load a savegame, because what happens is EXACTLY what you described.

The only way to "fix" this is to start a new game, and don't add or remove mods from the new game

THe other terrible side effect is, even if you can load the game, all of those Orphaned scripts will bloat your savegame, and start increasing load times when you transition indoors to outdoors etc, where you'll either start CTDing, or it can take 5 minutes or more to load

I did start a new game, this problem persists there as well

Your load order has changed, so the prid, which is dependent on the load order number (first two digits) has changed.

Your load order has changed, so the prid, which is dependent on the load order number (first two digits) has changed.

If I boot up LOOT and update my stuff will this fix it? I thought Vortex had LOOT built in now.

Any idea why this remains broken even on a New Game? Just load order still not updating?

EDIT: Also the first two digits aren't the problem as far as I can tell for the character PRID numbers, it was the last digit only that shifted +1 or down one letter alphabetically

EDIT 2: Exact error message when I try to type in the PRID numbers that AreYouThere gives me (minus the numbers, which I'll use x's in place of) is:

Invalid object reference 'xxxxxxxx' for parameter ObjectReferenceID.

Compiled script not saved!

Not entirely sure if this is related to the "Mod scripts that load other mods not working" or not.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

Guest deleted34304850

nothing to do with vortex.

vortex has an interface to loot. no reason to use loot although you can if you want but it just makes your life that much harder.

have vortex sort your plugins and deploy then start a new game and stop doing stuff if you don't know what you're doing, such as removing and adding random mods and expecting things to "just work".

seriously, just stop.

No, it's NOT a problem with a new game, the PRID changed in the new game because of the removed mods.

The PRID won't stay the same across different load orders.

If the PRID you were using with too many mods installed was 150AD453, and then you remove them, the PRID for any NEW game you start is going to be different from 150AD453

​You can't just write down a PRID for a character in your game, uninstall the mods and the game, then reinstall some mods and the game a couple of years later and expect the PRID to be exactly the same.

The PRID is going to vary with the amount of mods in your load order.

So Write down the NEW PRID and use it in your NEW game.

No, it's NOT a problem with a new game, the PRID changed in the new game because of the removed mods.

The PRID won't stay the same across different load orders.

If the PRID you were using with too many mods installed was 150AD453, and then you remove them, the PRID for any NEW game you start is going to be different from 150AD453

​You can't just write down a PRID for a character in your game, uninstall the mods and the game, then reinstall some mods and the game a couple of years later and expect the PRID to be exactly the same.

The PRID is going to vary with the amount of mods in your load order.

So Write down the NEW PRID and use it in your NEW game.

The issue seems to be that the other mods aren't loading scripts from one another or something then, or like if I'm using mod A to start mod B it doesn't work, which frankly I'm not sure how to fix.

This started at the same time as the PRID values started to not match up so I'm assuming something happened that caused both of these things and possibly when mod A is trying to load mod B, the script to do so has changed in some way so it can't find it...? Not too tech savvy but somethin funky is goin on.

nothing to do with vortex.

vortex has an interface to loot. no reason to use loot although you can if you want but it just makes your life that much harder.

have vortex sort your plugins and deploy then start a new game and stop doing stuff if you don't know what you're doing, such as removing and adding random mods and expecting things to "just work".

seriously, just stop.

Does vortex not sort plugins automatically? Also sorry for making a dumb post I guess...? I didn't think removing random follower mods would screw my game up, I'm usually pretty careful about what I install so that nothing is majorly game changing.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

Guest deleted34304850

its NOT a Vortex problem.

to resolve it - delete your data folder - that gets rid of everything. verify your local files via steam and re-install your mods from the archives.