CSE Help - Rotation Problem?

SgtSandbags

To make it short, I've been learning the ins-and-outs of CSE and Construction Set for the past few weeks.. Everything is very intuitive and fluid, but one problem I have is Rotating multiple objects and them only rotating IN PLACE (individually).

For example: A2KZPTJ.gif

--- I've seen multiple CS tutorials, and they seem to have no problem rotating more than one object at a time.. In the above image, I just want to rotate them so that the planks can face the shore more evenly.. Can anyone help me with this? Much appreciated.

EDIT: Just now saw that I posted in the wrong category... Dunno how to move it :sad: Sorry y'all.

EDIT 2: Found a fix... Didn't know there was an option for "Use World" for rotation... That seems to have fixed it...

Edited by SgtSandbags

Well I do think it means that it sets an origin in the middle of the selected references. To test if it is so, well draw 1 or 2 of those 6 selected references a part from the group, to see if the origin changes. But if I read "Use World" well then I would have guessed that the world origin would have been used, not the origin of the selected group.

And thanks for enlighten us about this ;)

Edited by Pellape

In CSE, when you select multiple objects at the same time, you should have a black shaded editor box pop up. Mine is over in the upper right corner by default. Tick the little circle labeled global. Then use your mouse pointer to click and hold on the x, y, or z rotation buttons in that box, while moving. In this way you can rotate multiple objects around a single axis.

• 1 month later...