[LE] Recreating Gwent with an intelligent AI?

songokujr

Long story short im a 3d Animator and i thought i would try my hand at modding. I thought it would be fitting to bring Gwent into Skyrim with its own original cards, but I have no idea how or if it's even possible to make an AI that will understand what each card does and place them strategically instead of placing down cards randomly without using them as they are supposed to be used.

So My question is, would this even be possible with the creation kit or skyrim period and am i just setting an unattainable goal.

EDIT: Here is an example I have been working on.

https://i.imgur.com/L0dKal7.jpg

Edited by songokujr

Hey, I haven't actually played Gwent but I think it should be possible. It will take some knowledge of papyrus scripting though. I made a Triple Triad mod for Skyrim which you can find here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42522 and people say it's similar to Gwent. The source code is provided if you want to look through it.

Oh yea I actually found your mod when I searched nexus to see if there was a Gwent mod already made. As for scripting I dreaded it in animation but I figured there would be no other way around it. I'll take a look at your source code and watch "A LOT" of tutorials. thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Yes, it is possible, i already made some AI System for Skyrim like for example Raiders that allows You to play Raids

You can attack Castles and command You army with simple commands, they all follow Your and Your commands and kill units from enemy faction

So -> Yes, it is possible to make Smart AI ( You can do that in Papyrus ( but its gonna be pretty slow - but You dont need Fast AI for Gwent ) )

or You can write Your own DLL that will be a lot faster... but i think writing DLL is way beyond what You can do...

However You need to know one thing...

Skyrim User Interface is full Flash...

so You need to pay / pirate Adobe Flash and You have to use Flash and Action Script...

Map, Perks, Inventory... everything is made in Flash...

You can render Your animations as 2D and then import them to Adobe... but still You need to learn ActionScript ( Flash Scripting Language )

and also Papyrus Scripting ( so You can use SkyUI Widgets and control them with Papyrus Scripts )

I personaly hate CD Red and Witcher... so im not gonna help You with Scripting or Flash... to make their s#*! game Gwent...

But you can find "some" tutorials on Internet...