Jump to content

Photo

Unlock All Second Wave Options modlet


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#11
Anbar

Anbar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Hello, i was looking for hours for this Amineri..I would love to know how to mod it (I found it on wiki..but it really seems like something I am really not able to do..not right now)

Amineri, would be possible to provide us edited xcomgame.upk? It would help me really really much.

Thanks for any response :wink:

 

just follow the wiki tutorials and insert amineri's hex code - its all i did and it isnt hard.



#12
kazzap

kazzap

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

 

Hello, i was looking for hours for this Amineri..I would love to know how to mod it (I found it on wiki..but it really seems like something I am really not able to do..not right now)

Amineri, would be possible to provide us edited xcomgame.upk? It would help me really really much.

Thanks for any response :wink:

 

I try to not get too much in the business of providing (and hence supporting) installable mods. While it would be great I much prefer the process of discovery, and supporting mods unfortunately takes time away from the more-enjoyable (to me) process of figuring out how things work.

 

I do my best to distribute the info, and am more than happy if others take that info and create more easily installed mods.

 

Really? Are you kidding? I wanna thank you, instead of just downloading the mod and getting back to the game I now have to waist my time downloading 8 different programs and reading a wiki tutorial. Not everyone is a f***ing coder, this s*** makes me wanna rip my hair out. I've been at this for an hour and I haven't gotten s*** to work. If some one would just post a link to a modded file I would be very appreciative 



#13
johnnylump

johnnylump

    Resident poster

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Friend, if you are going to behave that way, particularly in Amineri's direction, you're going to be entirely ignored around here. Good luck to you.



#14
kazzap

kazzap

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Can you not understand how frustrating this is? I'm sure its fairly easy to do when you know how but I don't understand any of this. I can barely HTML code. There is one file I need, instead of just posting a link to it make people do it themselves because that's the fun part. Its like if you were starving but instead of giving you a loaf a bread I give you a recipe and tell you where you can get some flour because hey I like cooking so you should too! I know I'm coming off like a prick but I can't help it this is maddening, I should be playing the game right now not downloading programs and reading tutorials. 



#15
citanafvic

citanafvic

    Journeyman

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I have to agree with the above guy's statements. I'm likely less tech savvy than he is, and as far as I can tell, all that would be required is a single modified .upk file. Seeing as someone has already modified the said file, it just seems hard to imagine why they wouldn't just post it in a link already modified?



#16
Amineri

Amineri

    Resident poster

  • Premium Member
  • 3,927 posts

I have to agree with the above guy's statements. I'm likely less tech savvy than he is, and as far as I can tell, all that would be required is a single modified .upk file. Seeing as someone has already modified the said file, it just seems hard to imagine why they wouldn't just post it in a link already modified?

 

I understand and really do sympathize. Apologies if my earlier response came off rather cold -- I'm still busy playing the game and occasionally stopping to dive into the code to check stuff out.

 

I understand that for ... oh ... let's say 95% of the users ... they'd install the upk into the correct place (and delete the upk.uncompressed_file_size) and everything would work fine. The other 5% would have some issue, either from not installing it correctly or because they are running a different OS or a host of other problems.

 

I'm the type of person that would feel obligated to solve these problems, but also the type of person that wouldn't enjoy it (I'm weird, so sue me ^_^). So, my preference is to find the info and distribute the info. So far other users at Nexus have been pretty good about picking things up and releasing them as a supported mod. Sometimes it just takes a little time. Not to mention that all the Nexus users outside of NA don't even have the game yet.



#17
kazzap

kazzap

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

I have to agree with the above guy's statements. I'm likely less tech savvy than he is, and as far as I can tell, all that would be required is a single modified .upk file. Seeing as someone has already modified the said file, it just seems hard to imagine why they wouldn't just post it in a link already modified?

Whats worse and a big reason why this is annoying me so much is I've already beaten the game on Impossible, I should have all the options. BUT I had to re-install my game because I f***ed it up installing mods incorrectly. So I'm really hesitant to start digging into files I don't understand... which is basically all of them lol. 



#18
kazzap

kazzap

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

 

I have to agree with the above guy's statements. I'm likely less tech savvy than he is, and as far as I can tell, all that would be required is a single modified .upk file. Seeing as someone has already modified the said file, it just seems hard to imagine why they wouldn't just post it in a link already modified?

 

I understand and really do sympathize. Apologies if my earlier response came off rather cold -- I'm still busy playing the game and occasionally stopping to dive into the code to check stuff out.

 

I understand that for ... oh ... let's say 95% of the users ... they'd install the upk into the correct place (and delete the upk.uncompressed_file_size) and everything would work fine. The other 5% would have some issue, either from not installing it correctly or because they are running a different OS or a host of other problems.

 

I'm the type of person that would feel obligated to solve these problems, but also the type of person that wouldn't enjoy it (I'm weird, so sue me ^_^). So, my preference is to find the info and distribute the info. So far other users at Nexus have been pretty good about picking things up and releasing them as a supported mod. Sometimes it just takes a little time. Not to mention that all the Nexus users outside of NA don't even have the game yet.

 

I guess I can understand that, how about I make you a deal. PM me the file and then I'll host it lol. That way it will be my responsibility to support the masses and not yours. No pressure just think about it lol. Replacing a file is a nice easy Skyrim level mod I can handle lol. 



#19
Drakous79

Drakous79

    Drak

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Well, it's not easy, because:

  • Firaxis made the game not easy to mod, so it's hard to change anything
  • XCOM EW was released few days ago, so tools aren't up to date and people are playing
  • Because of these two points, most mods aren't working

The modding community really appreciate what's Amineri doing and if she isn't interested in releasing, because of having better stuff to do, we're okay with it.

 

So if you guys need those SW options nao :smile: you can do it yourself, or just wait for someone to do it.

  • Download Gildor's Unreal Package Decompressor from http://www.gildor.org/downloads and extract decompress.exe to /XCom-Enemy-Unknown/XEW/XComGame/CookedPCConsole/.
  • Rename XComGame.upk.uncompressed_size to something else.
  • Fire command line and type decompress.exe -lzo XComGame.upk or follow Eliot's advice how to do this stuff. Decompressed files are placed in Unpacked folder so move them to CookedPCCConsole and delete Unpacked folder.
  • Grab HxD or other hex editor, open XComGame.upk, CTRL+R search datatype hex values and search for and replace code Amineri posted.
  • Save the file, run the game.

Enemy Within Update:

original hex:
07 B4 00 81 19 19 2E 98 69 00 00 19 12 20 36 FE FF FF 0A 00 9D F9 FF FF 00 1C DD FB FF FF 16 0A 00 9C F9 FF FF 00 1B A0 3A 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 09 00 F4 68 00 00 00 01 F4 68 00 00 15 00 01 6A 00 00 00 1B 9D 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 38 3D 00 CB 1C 00 00 16 16 06 7F 03 

new hex:
0B 0B 0B 81 19 19 2E 98 69 00 00 19 12 20 36 FE FF FF 0A 00 9D F9 FF FF 00 1C DD FB FF FF 16 0A 00 9C F9 FF FF 00 1B A0 3A 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 09 00 F4 68 00 00 00 01 F4 68 00 00 15 00 01 6A 00 00 00 1B 9D 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 38 3D 00 CB 1C 00 00 16 16 0B 0B 0B 

 

Edit: The matter is, we can't distribute entire upks, because they are property of Firaxis and 2K Games.

 

Edit 2: Updated the guide with Unpacked folder info.


Edited by Drakous79, 14 November 2013 - 12:37 pm.


#20
kazzap

kazzap

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
 The matter is, we can't distribute entire upks, because they are property of Firaxis and 2K Games.

 

 

Okay that explains a lot, to release I guess you would have to make an exe installer or something which is prob quite a hassle. Also thank you for that little guide, now that its spelled out for me step by step I think I might be able to handle it lol. 






IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.791 seconds