Unlock All Second Wave Options modlet

Amineri

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still having issues with this sadly, I drag XComgame.upk into decompress.exe and get the new file in the unpacked folder. I go to edit this with HxD but still can't find the line. Searching for hex value - all but still find nothing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I am editing the one in the unpacked folder so I'm pretty sure its the decompressed file. I hate code lol.

Even if I can't get this working thanks for the support from everyone in this thread.

Be sure to search for the hex string and not a text string. ;) This might possibly be what you're during wrong. Otherwise, drag 'decompress.exe' into the folder where 'XComgame.upk' is and use cmd instead (run > cmd).

Just wanna give another quick thanks to everyone in this thread. I was finally able to get it solved, if anyone was wondering the problem was I was editied the vanilla upk instead of the XEW upk.

Thanks everyone!

Glad you got it working.

I'm guessing you won't be the first person to get the EU and EW CookedPCConsole directories mixed up ^_^.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to make this as a Toolboks custom mod? It would be really appreciated :smile:

I have been working on this for a little while now, but I can't figure out how to calculate the offset. Obviously, my values are wrong because it stops responding during launch. If I figure it out, I'll post it for you.

If I don't have any luck figuring it out tomorrow, I'll just make all of my changes with Toolboks and then open XComGame.upk in HxD and just search and replace that one hex line. Probably the easier solution from the begining, I just wanted to learn how to do the offset just to know. Hex is more confusing to me than learning MEL/Python. I think I understand the concept of what the offset is, but not how to find it for any given instance.

Edited by Marraxus84

I have been working on this for a little while now, but I can't figure out how to calculate the offset. Obviously, my values are wrong because it stops responding during launch.

Sorry you are having problems, but if you want us to help ... you are going to have to provide a lot more detailed information. Why don't you show us how you are figuring the offset now? The beginning of your ToolBoks Custom Mod up to the first replacement statement wouldn't hurt either. (Assuming your 'find' pattern is getting the correct location.)

-Dubious-

Thank you for your interest Dubious.

Currently I am opening the XComGame.upk with HxD from the following location:
/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/XEW/XComGame/CookedPCConsole

I search for the original hex code that was posted by Amineri and see the given offsets on the left. There are 7 rows of offsets for that particular code that I searched (the hex number is 7 rows long, and there is a different offset listed for each row, the offsets are 8 digits long).

Unsure of which it would be, I have been going through each one and replacing the 'OFFSET=' field in my custom mod .txt with each of the values systematically. No luck so far, always crashes on launch. I then replace XComGame.upk with the original and try the next. Was getting curious if I was doing the whole thing wrong. Most everything I was reading on hexidecimal wiki and other forums, didn't really help with this, so I came back here to see if I missed something.

As requested, here is my current .txt custom mod for Toolboks that I was working on. I used the examples that were given with Toolboks for reference. I noticed the examples all use 7 digit offsets, while I see 8 digit offsets in HxD (not sure if that matters).

MOD_NAME=Unlock all second wave options
AUTHOR=Marraxus84
DESCRIPTION=Unlocks all second wave options
Version: 1.0

Compatible with XCOM Enemy Within versions:
- Patch 1( Changelist: 398180 )

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=00595750
[MODDED_HEX]
{ Unlock all second wave options }
0B 0B 0B 81 19 19 2E 98 69 00 00 19 12 20 36 FE FF FF 0A 00 9D F9 FF FF 00 1C DD FB FF FF 16 0A 00 9C F9 FF FF 00 1B A0 3A 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 09 00 F4 68 00 00 00 01 F4 68 00 00 15 00 01 6A 00 00 00 1B 9D 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 38 3D 00 CB 1C 00 00 16 16 0B 0B 0B

Edited by Marraxus84