daStig177

Hey all, I've been making tweaks for ages now, mostly for personal use, but now I'm excited to (attempt) to throw my hat into the ring with weapon mods. I've always loved the classic Fallout weapons, and am

a big fan of ryss5an's classic weapon mods such as the Colt 6250, H&K MP9, and Winchester City Killer.

It's my opinion that every game needs an AK, especially a lore friendly one. So without further ado, I introduce my WIP project to add the Fallout 1/2 AK112 and a special variant into New Vegas. It takes influence from the original sprite, the AK74 (due to the 5mm ammo usage), and the TKB-0146, since the latter has some Fallout appropriate furniture design that happens to mesh well with the aforementioned sprite.

Currently I'm wrapping up modeling, and introducing elements to further distinguish the two variants. After that will be UV mapping, texturing, and optimization.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-AK-112-

The Gun Runners have picked up production of the AK112 again due to demand for a more accessible select-fire intermediate cartridge rifle by mercenaries and bounty hunters.

From Fallout 1:

"The AK-112 assault rifle is a military assault rifle. The AK-112 was in service during the early 21st century but was replaced by more modern models.
Chambered for the 5mm round, it utilizes a 24-round magazine. The AK-112 was eventually considered aged and was no longer in use prior to the Great War."

XMJu611.png

(To refresh your memory)

4l1XZfi.jpg

(Another AK from a loading screen, vastly different looking, but still nice inspiration)

The standard AK-112 is a bit weaker than the Assault Carbine. It's more robust, but fires slower. With mods, however it can surpass the venerable carbine
in its own way; in terms of sheer unloading DPS with a 60 round quad stack magazine upgrade, and a muzzle brake that reduces automatic spread lower than the assault carbine's.

The balance would be high burst damage -> assault carbine, prolonged consistent damage -> AK-112.

-Stock-

iKamlE2.png

eMpkWn2.png

lPQ4lwD.png

-Modified-

bh8klNr.png

ZodOXuR.png

qIh2o9D.png

----Stats----

13 Dam/shot

10 attacks/second

130 DPS

Spread 1.4, w/comp 1.0

HP: 800

Capacity: Standard: 24 / Exp. Mag 60

-AS-112-

The AS-112 however, is a Stechkin modified AK-112 employed by Spetznatz operatives with modifications to its bolt carrier group, barrel, and gas system that gave it prolonged relevance up to the great war.
The most attractive feature of the AS-112 is its lightning quick 3 round hyperburst that might as well be a single shot. This allows it to put down accurate fire at a high rate from mid range, but with the downside
of increased fouling due to its mechanism. This was something the average draftee was not expected to deal with, hence its limited adoption.
It was rare in Russia pre-war, so finding one in the Mojave will prove to be a challenge - but fortunately should you come across one the parts most susceptible to breakage are common with the AK-112.

-Stock-

ldZIJCH.png

HtrmtKw.png

https://i.imgur.com/CUzUC3c.png

----Stats----

14 Dam/shot, 3 round hyper burst (practically 42 Dam/shot)

5 attacks/second

210 DPS

Spread 0.6

HP: 300

Capacity: Standard: 24 / Exp. Mag 60

I'm familiar with the GECK implementation and have some experience with Nifskope, but this is my first weapon mod, so I've got a few questions.

1. I've noticed that many of the weapons in game have sub-bodies. Is there a functional limit to this, and should I try to merge as many bodies as possible on the model, or keep them separate?

2. Do all of the stock animations feature reciprocating charging handles? Just asking if I need to make custom animations using that mod that enables them.

3. I'm working out of Blender. How should I go about rigging so it'll play nice in Nifskope, and are there any general pointers about rigging a weapon for New Vegas?

4. I want the AS-112 to behave like an Abakan program design - so it'll feature a reciprocating barrel, and for ease of implementation was thinking of giving it 3 projectiles per one trigger pull. Is there any way to delay casings exiting the weapon? Alternatively, is there a way to actually fire a 3 round burst but only have the barrel reciprocate once?

5. Finally, any ideas balance wise what leveled lists I should chuck this into, and any ideas for where to hide the AS-112? I was thinking the grotto to the east of Cottonwood Cove or a custom cell in the Searchlight Airport, though I feel like the latter may conflict with another mod.

Here's a pastebin of all the ballistic weapon leveled lists I use when I integrate a weapon script, and a couple of merchant lists near the bottom:

https://pastebin.com/eD9aiKf3

You'll need to take out the ones that aren't appropriate for assault rifles.

The lines are formatted using JIP commands, to make sure the additions aren't save baked.

Here's a pastebin of a burst fire script that DC Uniques uses (permissions are not open, please don't just reuse this):

https://pastebin.com/WGDYhYE2

It'll make the weapon's barrel reciprocate three times, but I just provided it as an example in case you wanted to try the scripted burst route.