issue with NPC greeting scene

MoonSweets

Hello,

I'm working on the new version of Extended Books Mod for Skyrim. The v2 brings back most of the books from Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion, with unique covers for all of them. It also adds a library where all the non-unique books can be found, a shop, and of course, a merchant from whom you can purchase books. (you can find some more information and screenshots here)

I created some dialog topics for my merchant in way to give him a bit of character and it's working fine but I can't seem to find a way to have him give a cheerful welcome to the player like "Oh, hello, customer! Welcome to [name of the shop]!". I've searched on the CK wiki, on Google, on Youtube, on this forum... and found no relevant information. I tried to see if I could figure this on my own, searching after greetings in the CK, but couldn't find them.

Very frustrating.

I know it's a detail but it feels important to me in matter of immersion due to the background and all.

So I decided to make this greeting a scene, triggered by the arrival of the player in the shop, using AI packages to force some idles. It works so, ok, why not. However when I talk to my NPC his dialog branches (belonging to another quest) don't appear anymore. I've tried to include the scene in the quest that has the dialogs but then nothing's working anymore: no scene, no dialog branches.

I'm a very beginner in this field and I feel a bit stuck here so if someone has a bit of advice I would gladly appreciate.

Thank you for reading.

As I assumed, doing thing and undoing things would do no good I had been careful to make back-ups each time I made an important change. I loaded an earlier back-up of the mod, with just the dialog quest, and recreated the scene directly in it. It's all working perfectly!

Now when the player enters the shop for the first time the NPC greets them, dialog topics are available, and they keep being available when the player exits and enter the shop again.

I will only need to make sure to have an AI package set to be sure that my NPC stays at the right place until the player has entered the shop for the first time but this shouldn't be difficult.