How to refresh cleanmem with skyrim in mind ?

dzorro

Right now i am using the cleanmem who was pointed out by nexus thread, optimize skyrim but since i am not gonna pay for program how can i setup taskmanger to use cleanmem every minute ??

Is there a tutorial on how to setup cleanmem for skyrim ??

is there a better way then using the shift F1 all the time by the use of triggers ??

Pro version has expired so the needed option of having cleanmem useage every 1 minute refrsh is disabled.

Edited by dzorro

Cleanmem does not help Skyrim use less memory.

Cleanmem only tells Windows to move used memory out of the working set (physical memory) but it will not reduce used memory for any application since it cannot because it doesn't know the application.

It will show less memory used in your monitoring software (whatever you may use) but in fact the application will still use the exact same amount of memory.

It will not prevent Skyrim crashing @ 3.1GB. Just your memory monitor will show it crashed at less RAM.

Read up on topics here to try and understand why CleanMem will not work: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366912(v=vs.85).aspx

A virtual address does not represent the actual physical location of an object in memory; instead, the system maintains a page table for each process, which is an internal data structure used to translate virtual addresses into their corresponding physical addresses. Each time a thread references an address, the system translates the virtual address to a physical address.

What CleanMem does is telling Windows to move things out of the working set back into the page file on "standby" - monitoring software only monitors the working set... after using CleanMem you will see your working set reduced... but the application (like TESV.exe) is still using the same space in it's Virtual Address Space, which is still limited to 4GB but due to the engine will fail @ 3.1GB usage.

<snip>

your remark about skyrim was uncalled for, if you did a correct check on my history you would know that all my games are legit, this is insulting...

Cleanmem was oppointed here on nexus itself, it did not tell me before hand that you needed a pay form in order to use this programm to begin with or else i would not have even used it.

Edited by dzorro

Im sorry then I just misunderstood what you meant with "not going to pay for a program" if it meant "not willing to pay for CleanMem Pro"

Apologies for that... too much pirating going on everywhere gets me into that mindset.

I know CleanMem is appointed here by a mod to use... I'm just telling you it's not working as advertised on that mod page. There's some thread about this exact mod and regarding CleanMem/Memory Optimizers as well on STEP forums... the author of that mod is involved as well... you might wanna give that a read, it's a good discussion: http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2475

Apologies again for the remark, I have removed it.