SKSE and ENB problem

Deviate

I am at my wits end here. I'm not a modding expert but recently got into it. Everything worked untill I installed an enb. Suddenly my skse launcher crashes immediately saying 'skyrim doesn't work anymore'. When I use the default launcher, it works fine... When I delete the enb files, the skse launcher works again...

Anyone have a clue what is happening? I use skse 1.06.16 (the newest) and the latest skyrim.

Specs:

i7 2600k

8gb ram

gtx770

Hope anyone can help me. Googling it didn't return any results and I miss my skyUI!

OK, first things first. Take a deep breathe. Now, if you're new to Skyrim modding, someone needs to tell you this. You're going to have to give stuff up. There's always going to be mods you want, but have to sacrifice for performance, stability, ease or sanity.

Probably, there's a fix to this problem. ENB shouldn't be causing this. But if there's not, it's not the end of the world. You can use some combination of (these aren't all compatible with each other): Ultimate Lighting Overhaul, Climates of Tamriel, Enhanced Lighting and FX, Realistic Lighting overhaul, Dynavision, Imaginator, FXAA post-process injector, and various texture packs to make your game look really nice without an ENB.

I know, I know, you want a fix not a substitute. Hopefully we'll find one. Just understand the worst case scenario isn't that bad.

Now, I've got two questions:

1.) What else have you recently installed or modified. I know you said uninstalling ENB got your SKSE launcher to work again, but the problem isn't simply between SKSE and ENB. I use both as do literally thousands of other players. So they can work together. If they really are fighting, then something else is causing them to fight.

2.) What ENB binary did you use and what ENB preset did you use? Also, did you use the wrapper or the injector version? I'm betting the problem lies here.

Thanks for your reply! I installed a shitload of mods recently. Realistic lightning, climates of tamriel, the official and unoffcial hd textures, immersive weapons, immersive armors, better snow, footprints pfff too many to list. The reason I'm thinking that ENB is at fault, is because I installed it last and then skse launcher stopped working.

I use binary 0.119 together with project ENB - realistic. I think I used the wrapper DLL... Should I try the injector one?

edit: I used realvision enb before this one and skse launcher didnt work with that wrapper version either... can I just replace the dll from wrapper with the dll from injector?

Edited by Deviate

I'm no expert at this, but I've had to troubleshoot a ton of user-created problems with Skyrim. Your first mistake was installing loads of mods at the same time. Skyrim's a fragile game, you never know what will have an affect on what. Here's what I'd do.

1.) Uninstall all your recently installed mods. Including ENB.

2.) Reinstall ENB and try again. (I'm wondering if something went wrong in the installation.)

3.) Install a different ENB preset. If it works, then the problem may lie with Project ENB. (I'd suggest Winterheart 2: it's unique, uses the .119 binary and is criminally underrated. You should see it for a bit even though you'll prolly go a different way in the end.)

4.) Post the results. (Even if it works, someone may have a similar problem and end up here via google search. We want them to get an answer).

As for using the injector version, it can't hurt, but I doubt that's the problem. I don't know if you can just replace the dll from the wrapper with the dll from the injector. If you aren't sure, don't. Fully uninstall one and then install the other. It's a pain, but having to unscrew up a game that's has pieces of half-way installed mods floating around in it is even worse.

Edited by RS13