**********Solved CS/Oblivion + ENB, switched to Injection and placed it into the auto-start of Windoze

well, the title says it all. the CS crashes on start re-directing the potential cause to CSE.log. an error message is logged "Remove the "d3d9.dll" file from the root Oblivion directory. Alternatively, the file can be renamed before launching the editor (it must remain renamed until the editor is closed)"

i use the CS quite often, so this seems like a annoyance.

methods i've tried to use to resolve:

downloaded and installed directx 9 runtime. (crash) 3 files loaded into root: enbhost.exe, enblocal.ini, & d3d9.dll.

setup for enblocal.ini, this setup was posted custom enblocal.ini ;using the version for x64 amd, as that's what i have.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=0
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
KeyFPSLimit=36
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyFreeVRAM=115

-----------------------------------
copied and pasted d3d9.dll from %root%/system32 to oblivion directory. allegedly from a article, there was a update for windows 10 v1803 i believe for direct x files. <once again, no go>

some obse/plugins are erring out. i know sometimes this is standard, as some plugins are meant for the game, CS, or just a dummy file. Actually, just over-looked the obse editor.log, seems ok. crashes/stops logging at "checking plugin D:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Construction Set Extender.dll"

*************edit: going to try the injector mode again, apparently my bash patch wasn't built prior to checking the injector mode. This fixed where both are running.
so the question, i don't want to go too and fro renaming the dll to use the CS. Using the injector version of ENB crashes the game on the start-up loading screen ... no unknown errors are logged. using the same setting for enblocal.ini.

any ideas? tx in advance for any potential fixes.

not sure if enginebuxfixes, osr or other obse plugins conflict. if so, it's not showing in any log file.

------------------------------------edit UNSOLVED
*********apparently this is standard, although the references state the LAA is adjusted & then adjusted back, looking at the error, this doesn't seem to be the case.
a final note:

receiving this error in obse_loader.log file, using both enb and the 4GB patch. 4GB contains just the "clearing LAA flag" post.

"launching editor
clearing large-address-aware flag (flags offset = 0000012E checksum offset = 00000170)
recorrecting exe checksum (00727F4F -> 00727F2F)
crc = 2F9AC10C
dll = D:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_editor_1_2.dll
using new editor injection method
remote memory = 001D0000
old winmain = 0041C500"

Edited by bobbyskel78

• 3 weeks later...

i glimpsed over the batch file, which seemed mostly renaming ... i would have to imagine that would be a case by case scenario.

in retrospect, using injector ... which i have discovered is a memory hog, the CSE and obse_loader play just fine. i opted out of putting the injector exe as a auto-start and confined to game usage. to much memory over-head.

i would like to comment further, as from the link ya seemed obscure on the why of those particular files. i was on the verge of using the Sysinternals procmon.exe ... for other purposes, bsa vs bsa vs loose files ... who's on first (Abbott & Costello ... i think, maybe the 3 Stooges)

any who, procmon ... w/ the appropriate filters, should log any usage of any dll, exe, or even registry calls and errors. i'm going to have to make sure and bookmark this in my head, as i'm all about getting rid of unnecessary bloat.

i think for a temp solution, i'll go back and try enbhost ... is there really any significant difference inbetween using enbhost vs enbinjector?

tx 4 the comment, it's got my mind buzzing. ... add one more hair to the camel's back.

If you follow my instructions, it will work just fine or rather perfect without any memory oveload and stuff like that. The game will run as you where using CS and CSE will work perfect as my bat file will turn off ENB when you start CSE. It works perfect for everyone that are using that bat file as far as I know. Otherwise they would have yealled at me in my instruction thread for CSE.

The author do not like my solution and refuses to include it but others have done similar solutions and uploaded them separate to Nexus. He do not consider it to be a bug as it really is but he do not use ENB as far as I know.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44651 and what this mod is doing, is exactly what my bat file will do. Use the one you like best. if you use a shortcut or start an application from CMD, does the same sh*t and the result is the same.

Edited by Pellape

a bat file is much easier to use as opposed to using cmd/powershell, besides i can create a shortcut on my desktop using a bat file.

i was looking through my obse.log & CS extender log, w/ loading the game through a bat file, i added the following as well.

for the oblivion and vice versa

cd "D:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins"

ren AddActorValues_CS.dll AddActorValues_CS.dlx
ren AVUncapper_CS.dll AVUncapper_CS.dlx
ren Construction Set Extender.dll Construction Set Extender.dlx
ren Better Cities Helper.dlx Better Cities Helper.dll
ren DisableVampRace.dlx DisableVampRace.dll
ren Elys_USV.dlx Elys_USV.dll
ren FasterSleepWait.dlx FasterSleepWait.dll
ren FastExit2.dlx FastExit2.dll
ren obse_jail_fix.dlx obse_jail_fix.dll
ren obse_jump_while_blocking.dlx obse_jump_while_blocking.dll
ren OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dlx OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll
ren obse_training_fix.dlx obse_training_fix.dll
ren sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.dlx sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.dll

obviously one would have to look at their log to see which plugins are for the CS or for the game.

now just take some time and get my game sorted ... i still find it amazing i've playing this since the game came out and have still yet to finish.

tx again.

Edited by bobbyskel78