Yet another Invisible Interior Structures Issue.

TehPuggishOne

What did the Vis and PreCombined folders contain? The folders inside should tell you which .esp are using them (check the folder names).

Deleting them would mean the optimization put in by those mods would be removed. You'd need to decide if those mods are working for you or not. If the answer is no, you can delete them. The game would just revert to its original state.

So, I looked for any copied .ini files in my data folder, with none to be found. That being said, temporarily getting rid of the contents inside the vis and precombine folders seems to have fixed the issue. My only question is, what's the catch to having removed those files? I'll keep them saved for the time being until I know for a fact that I can safely delete them.

Removing them may cause white void and/or objects flickering in and out of existence in the cells that those files are for. But the problem is that precom/previs is highly personal, depending on your modlist. Remember the last mod loaded wins, so if you have two mods that affect the same area and they both provide precombine data the second one loaded overwrites, and often breaks, the first one. And honestly even if it's not a mod conflict sometimes the precom/vis data included with mods is just bad or incomplete.

In theory you could load all of your mods in the CK and generate new precom and previs for everything so you'd have a nice set specific to your set up. In practice the CK would likely crash before it ever finished.

For now I'd go ahead and keep those files removed, play, and see if you run into other problems.

Removing them may cause white void and/or objects flickering in and out of existence in the cells that those files are for.

aurreth, this actually would not be the case, since PreVis won't do any culling without data.

Having some files in those folders that don't correspond to current state of the game with all mods loaded - that would cause void / badly culled objects. OP needs to see which mods installed PreComb + PreVis, and decide which ones to keep.

In any case, OP, install mods one at a time. It's much easier to troubleshoot these things that way.

Well, when I removed all of them, there were no white void or missing mesh issues, and the mods I have that edit precombines are still taking effect. That being said, I did experience a crash upon entering the commonwealth for the first time(I decided to start a new save since my previous one may have had traces of some mods I had uninstalled previously). Not sure if that's related or not, may just be another issue entirely.

Okay, I'm starting to notice stuff disappearing in the worldspace after having deleted those precull data files. Nothing too extreme, just stuff sorta disappearing when they're barely on screen. It's more noticeable with the houses in Sanctuary. I may just restore the worldspace precull/previs data files for now. Any of you have any idea what files those would be?