Fallout NV Missing Masters

Bloppy444
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

So I've been playing NV for a while now and its a great game! I'm still on my first playthrough and just after goodsprings I added mods. I couldn't install a lot of them though due to only having the base game. Anyway, steam has a sale on so I decided to buy all of the addons and activate some more mods. When I deploy them it says "Missing Masters." The problem I have is that I have all of the addons for the game. It does run though, but when I open up my pipboy and go into weapons, the game crashes. I'm not sure if it's a specific mod or if the masters is doing something.

Hopefully you started a new game after adding all of those mods?

The notification will usually tell you which masters are missing, you should click on SHOW or MORE INFO (can't remember which it is)

Go to the PLUGINS tab, and double click on the first Plugin, a panel will open on the right, there will be a section in the right panel that says MASTERS, it will also tell you WHICH masters are missing

So go through the ESPs, one by one

The game wouldn't even start if required masters are missing so it's likely that they're being loaded, additionally New Vegas will automagically load required masters if they're present but not enabled. It sounds like your pipboy problem is mod related.

The game wouldn't even start if required masters are missing so it's likely that they're being loaded, additionally New Vegas will automagically load required masters if they're present but not enabled. It sounds like your pipboy problem is mod related.

He's not starting the game and getting the "Missing Masters" message, he's getting that message when he DEPLOYS mods, which means one of more of the mods he's DEPLOYING is missing a Master or two, which is why I directed him to do the thing with the Right Hand panel to find out which masters are missing, and for WHICH Mod.

The notification will usually tell you which masters are missing, you should click on SHOW or MORE INFO (can't remember which it is)

Go to the PLUGINS tab, and double click on the first Plugin, a panel will open on the right, there will be a section in the right panel that says MASTERS, it will also tell you WHICH masters are missing

This worked and all of the mods loaded fine! I decided to follow your advice and start a new game but after the starting cutscene, my game crashed. I think it might be that my pc can't handle all of the mods but if it's something else please let me know!

This worked and all of the mods loaded fine! I decided to follow your advice and start a new game but after the starting cutscene, my game crashed. I think it might be that my pc can't handle all of the mods but if it's something else please let me know!

What mods are you using?

What mods are you using?

Weapons mods expanded v1_1_4

Someguy series 2 dot 0

The Inheritance Version 1 dot 29

Combined community sound pack v2.5d

UIO - User Interface Organizer

The Living Desert

NPCs Sprint In Combat

Asurah Reanimation Pack main

BOA NV The Book Of Flesh

Fast Weapon Lag Fix

NVBI Version 1 dot 55

NVInteriors Core v2.1.1

SGO for NV - V2.zip

New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE)

• Solution

OK, I see Weapon Mod Expanded.

THIS is why you need to read the Description page of every mod you use.
WMX has a specific set of instructions

***Automatic Merged Patch Creation***

- This is strongly recommended as standard practice when using mods for FNV (especially a lot of mods at the same time), as it may improve compatibility between mods you may be using (including - but not limited to - WMX). If using more than one add-on for WMX at the same time (this includes compatibility patches), creating an automatic merged patch is even MORE important (assuming you want everything to work correctly).

- Download FNVEdit (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34703) to create the 'merged patch'. This should be done after you have installed and activated all the mods you wish to play the game with (and have configured your load order using a mod manager tool). This is how to do it:

- UPDATED INFO: If using FNVEdit version 4 or later, you'll need to perform a few extra initial setup steps, due to
some changes introduced in that version:
--- Create a program shortcut for FNVEdit by copying its .exe file, right-clicking wherever
you want the shortcut (e.g. on the desktop), and selecting "Paste
shortcut".
--- Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties". In the target field of the Properties window, add a space and then "-iknowwhatimdoing" after the .exe, without the quotation marks. On my computer - as an example - this looks like: C:\utils\FNVEdit\FNVEdit.exe -iknowwhatimdoing
--- Click OK and then run FNVEdit using the shortcut. Load all your active plugins, as below.
--- Open the Options menu via the three horizontal bars button at the top-left of the program, or by pressing Ctrl+O.
--- On the Experts tab, place a tick in the box next to "[FO3/FNV] Sort FLST".
--- Click OK and then perform the rest of the automatic merged patch creation steps as normal, below:

- Run FNVEdit, and a list of all the plugins in your Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\ directory will come up, listed as per your load order. By default, the plugins you have activated in the New Vegas Launcher or in a mod manager tool will have ticks next to them. This is what you want, so just click 'OK'.

- Once FNVEdit has finished loading, right-click somewhere in the panel on the left that lists your activated plugins, and select 'Create Merged Patch' from the context menu. (Note that this may be under the 'Other' sub-menu, depending on which version of FNVEdit you have.)

- Enter a name for the patch into the window that pops up (any name you like), and click on 'OK'.

- Once FNVEdit has finished generating the patch (it creates a new .esp file with the name you entered), which should only take a few seconds, close FNVEdit. Click 'OK' on the window that pops up to save the Merged Patch that was generated.

- Finally, make sure the Merged Patch esp is loading after all your other plugins (which it should already be, by default), and activate it using the New Vegas Launcher or a mod manager tool.

- If you ever uninstall plugins, update existing plugins, or install new ones, deactivate and delete the Merged Patch, and then follow these instructions again to create a new one.