Error Loading the Following Mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spongeman131

Spongeman131

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,900 posts

I recently got a new computer and so I would like to be able to essentially move everything over.

I created a backup of my skyrim install directory and copied that over onto the new hard drive.

I installed the latest NMM (old version kept crashing).

I indicated the folders that the older NMMs had used to store mod info and install data.

When I go to launch NMM it tells me there's an error loading every single mod I ever installed (around 200).

While I can enable plugins and since I know Skyrim worked before that's not an issue. What is is that I can no longer manage the mods I had already installed.

The only problem I can think of is a directory error and it's looking for the wrong drive letter? But as I already said I indicated the original folders with the new info.

Thanks for the help.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Are you sure you selected the correct folders? This usually happens if you're missing mod files in the Mods directory. Uninstall NMM removing config files when asked, and retry.

Spongeman131

Spongeman131

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,900 posts

Exactly the same problem occurs. I am 100% positive that the correct paths are selected and I manually selected my Skyrim install instead of letting it automatically find it.

I'm genuinely confused with this. It should be something so simple.

EDIT: I suppose it could be a directory thing? I have an install info folder that contains an Overwrite folder and "InstallLog.xml". That is the only thing I can think of that could be wrong.

EDIT2: Maybe I want to set directories for the game before I copy over the old install?

Edited by Spongeman131, 20 July 2013 - 01:00 AM.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

When you install Skyrim it creates several entries in the Windows registry - copying the skyrim folder will not copy those registry entries - you will need to reinstall the game to get those entries - unless you feel confident enough to play around in the registry where a mistake can make your computer unbootable. (not recommended)

MrJetta

MrJetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I have the same error. I know it's not a registry problem or a folder problem as I have installed several more mods after this one in particular (SkyrimImproved). I downloaded it and got the error: Error registering this mod: Skyrim Improved - Skyrim Improved Error: Version number '1.0.1' is invalid. Line 1, position 16.  I then manually download and copy it to the proper folder and I get the "Error loading the following mods" error. 

PrestonGarvey1

PrestonGarvey1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I have the same error. I know it's not a registry problem or a folder problem as I have installed several more mods after this one in particular (SkyrimImproved). I downloaded it and got the error: Error registering this mod: Skyrim Improved - Skyrim Improved Error: Version number '1.0.1' is invalid. Line 1, position 16.  I then manually download and copy it to the proper folder and I get the "Error loading the following mods" error. 

Same here.

Other mods.

Still Error.

PrestonGarvey1

PrestonGarvey1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Fixed=

Go to "Nexus Mod Manager"

Delete every type of data from that mod, Total purge of those mods.

Reinstall mods?

Ausarq23

Ausarq23

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

i found that (when i got the error at least) going in to nmm mods file and deleting anything and everything named as the mod that was returning an error seems to fix it I'll continue to check to see if maybe i did something else

Edited by Ausarq23, 09 June 2021 - 03:21 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.085 seconds