Modders' Resources and CS Crashes

BlueSteelRanger

Salutations,

So, I have a rather puzzling conundrum on my hands.

In the midst of working on a rather massive update/upgrade to my first-ever mod released to Nexus (whoo, that was a bit of a moment for me, not going to lie), I found some assets that I've fallen in love with.

Before I continue, I have been granted permission (with proper credits, which shall be given as is their right), to use said assets.

The issue: Whenever I try to add these assets into the CS, the thing literally just crashes to desktop and I lose all as-yet-unsaved data. I've been mainly experimenting with figuring out how to resolve this issue, so I haven't lost any major thing, thankfully.

The assets in question are from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13275

I went through the process of copying the meshes and textures to their matching folders in my directories.

I have other assets (also with permissions granted) that are working flawlessly.

C:/Games/steamapps/Oblivion/Data/meshes/Furniture/

C:/Games/steamapps/Oblivion/Data/textures/

It's likely that I've missed something small, or missed a minor step. I figured I'd ask, since I've tried everything I know to do.

--BSR

• 3 weeks later...

I have not used that specific mod but I do use assets from a furniture mod that has one of those tubes included.

To prevent crashes, do not load that esp from that specific mod into CS as you load Oblivion and maybe your mod as well but only Oblivion if you just wanna make a test.

Add a bath tube manually as a furniture, save it as a separate esp if possible or at a copy of your esp

Go into the game and make a test.

Report back here. Well I do know I do not need to tell you that, considering all similar dialogues that we had within modding :D

Some esps will cause similar problems. If the problem is inside the mesh, load it into Nifskope, clean it and save and maybe you did turn on auto filter or auto clean in your Nifskope already? Reload CS or CSE and repeat the process again that I did mention at the beginning of this reply

Whenever I try to add these assets into the CS, CTD.

i'm assuming you've already checked Construction Set Extender.log for errors, could ya post em?

the hyperlink is dead at 9:37 CST. please re-update, not sure why it's dead, this was a ref ... correct?

Salutations!

My apologies for such a late reply. I never got word anyone had responded (and I had to deal with power outages. Ew. Fun).

I have tried the manual route of creating a new piece. I can create the thing, but if I try to put it into the render window, I get a crash.

I've even tried extracting via BSA Unpacker, which, except for the issue with these resources, has been flawless.

I must also confess that I have not yet had the Extender put in. To put it plainly, offline life got crazy and it's going to get crazier still soon, as I am preparing for a cross-country relocation. Moving. Gotta love that, no?

You can clean a mesh? How does one do that?
Honestly, I've never had an issue with Nifskope or mesh/textures now that I've learned all that I have. I even managed to create a newly textured outfit I've wanted for a while! :)

Hmm. I shall have to look into how to do that. I ran a small test and got messages of ".kf" files not being found, yet the animal moving and behaving flawlessly in-game.

Anyway...time for a little dive to learn CSE stuff. Or rather, to begin it. My player home ideas are expanding into "Worldspace" territory!