Skyrim SE 10th Year Anniversary Edition - Are all mods going to break again?

BLACKXDK

Hey, I was just wondering that with the new anniversary edition of Skyrim coming out soon, which seems to include a "next-gen upgrade" as well as a new fishing mechanic and it seems like it will be a purchasable update for the current Special Edition of the game, is it going to break all mods again? What about SKSE? Legacy of the Dragonborn? The new edition will include all 500 Creation Club items as well, so if they interfere with certain mods, those mods will have to be updated to accomodate for that, correct?

lmao ok..skyrim anniversary edition?! sounds good i guess ik im getting it since VTMB2 (a vampire game) still has no release date but even if this anniversary edition has what we read and heard on videos and articles (new dlc, Creation club mods etc.) what about the new mods that haven't released yet..and im very curious about mods that require the script extender...this new version of skyrim will also be for last gen ps4 and Xbox one not just next gen..its for both and im very excited curious and have alot of questions about it lol

Not sure, but most broken Skyrim stuff seems to have been associated with mods that were SKSE64 version inflexible. Afaik most have been re-written to account for SKSE64 version bumps (although not all mods, or else I think I'd be able to use 2.0.19 instead of being locked into 2.0.17 for now due to some mod(s) in my list that balks at 2.0.19)

so for, me, yeah it would break it unless I can figure out which mod(s) are problematic and are uninstalled (hopefully without breaking things just by doing that!)

Having said that, I have no authoritative idea.

I am confused. I thought the "next gen" thing was for the new consoles? What are these so-called "next gen" updates for pc?

From what I've read/seen, there seems to be three elements:

1. The "fishing" update and whatever else is included with that. This is a free update and will be pushed to everyone.

2. The "Anniversary Update". This seems like it will be an optional, purchasable update.

3. The "Next Gen" update. This is for consoles and will do things like unlock the framerate and increase the resolution options. Those options already exist in the PC version. However, It may have other features as well that could be included in the PC version going forward. No information yet on that.

The "fishing" update will be a game executable update and will definitely require a new version of SKSE and therefore a new Address Library. How difficult that might be to create and how long it takes is unknown. Depends on how much has changed.

The "Anniversary Update" might just be a content DLC (with any necessary executable changes included in the "fishing" update patch). If that's true then how it affects mods will depend on the mod itself. A lot of mods will be completely unaffected while a mod like Legacy of the Dragonborn will likely require an extensive patch due to all the duplicate item content. It would be a matter of converting a bunch of CC patches into a single super-patch.

The "next gen" update, if it includes features for the PC version as well, would probably be best included with the "fishing" patch as part of the free upgrade. No need for it to be separated like it is on the consoles.

So, my guess is that there will be a single update that requires an updated SKSE and an optional content update that will require mod updates depending on the mod content.

Based on what I read, I'm assuming that:
-Creation Club will be removed, it will no longer be possible to buy items individually, no new itens will be created.
-SSE ($40 bucks) will be removed from stores.
-New users can only buy Anniversary Edition (same old price $40).
-SSE owners will receive the free update (fishing), but will have to pay ($5 ~ $20) if they want the full Anniversary stuff.
-free upgrade = If you buy Anniversary Edition on PS4/XOne, you don't need to pay again on PS5/XSeries.

As showler said, an SKSE update will be required.
Mods that don't require SKSE should work as is.

As I said, I'm just speculating. ;)

I am confused. I thought the "next gen" thing was for the new consoles? What are these so-called "next gen" updates for pc?

I think you will be getting the fabled suit of horse armor and some other Creation Club paraphernalia that we never knew existed.